Algae Issue Help

That certainly makes sense. Generally what we advise is that whatever CYA goal you targeted when you added stabilizer on Thursday (i.e. CYA of 30), then press-on with an FC target (4) and/or SLAM FC (12) to match that CYA. I suspect you are still in SLAM mode, so simply bump-up FC to 12 and keep it going. :) Don't bother testing pH until after the SLAM. Save your reagents.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry about CH right now. We can help you with that later. Right now, it's all about FC. At some point, when you see that FC is lasting longer and longer, consider doing an OCLT to see how close you are to completing the SLAM.

I started slamming on Thursday night & this morning (Saturday) it seems I'm finished. No chlorine loss overnight & 0 CC's.
At some point, when you see that FC is lasting longer and longer, consider doing an OCLT to see how close you are to completing the SLAM.
I am confused by these posts. Is OP still losing FC? It seems his water is clear, passed the OCLT and CC are .5 or less. Is the SLAM not finished?

Myers,

How much CYA did you put in your pool? What should that dosage have brought your CYA up to?

Dave, the OP did a drain but had algae before, so we're just being safe following the re-fill to ensure there are no remaining organics in the water. I suspect that the OP should have a relatively short SLAM if all goes well. I believe he added stabilizer for an initial target of 30 ppm following the refill, but his reply should confirm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your last TA of 110 is fine if your pH doesn't rise too fast. After the SLAM, if you find that your pH rises too fast, you can let the TA come down in stages of 10 ppm (100, then 90, then 80, etc). It may help keep pH down (of that's even an issue).

CH - It would be best to test yourself. Maybe some warm water on that dropper will free-up whatever is keeping it clogged. Having it tested elsewhere might be a last resort, but understand that those tests can often times be unreliable. Might be time to order some new reagents. :) Definitely don't want to jump the gun on CH as I suspect your local water in Chandler must be hard. As summer approaches, you'll be adding water from time to time, and more than likely that source water is hard.

First thing though - wrap-up that SLAM by passing your OCLT (water already clear and no CCs right?). Then you can let things go back to normal and relax a bit. :)

Hi myers2115. Following your last post to run a second OCLT, I thought I'd check-in to see how it went. I'm assuming you passed with flying colors, but just wanted to make sure. Also to see if you have any final questions about the other levels before we turn you loose and let you get ready to enjoy this swimming season.

Good to hear. In the coming weeks, I suspect you will add more CYA, so when you do, just make sure you have the matching FC go with it. Remember to make sure all your levels match the TFP recommended levels chart and you will be fine. Enjoy!

Anyone seen this new brand of 10% bleach at Walmart. Looks the same. Cheaper.
09c049176984d95361104a241cb410c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.