Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Since opening the pool 2 years ago, i had to slam 2 times due to slightly hazy water. The last slam was about 2 weeks ago, let the FC drop slowly over a week to a FC of 8ppm(CYA 60). Then 2 days later BOOM hazy water again:mad:, since i could not find a logical source of algae since i never had cloudy water just a slight haze. Today decided to open up the light niche, OMG:sick:, nasty plume of cloudy water. Grabbed my scrubber and went to work, raised back to Slam.

Im going to make it a habit of opening the niche once a month to scrub, its just a single screw, probably less than 2 min for the whole deal. I never thought it could get this bad since i never had a real green outbreak. Live and learn, Algae is Algae even if its not green.:hammer:

Maybe im overreacting but i had only 2ppm loss per day, but the bloom started at 8ppm level, so i know it was active. This morning the pool is crystal clear as usual, so considering it a MiniSlam :party: .

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.