South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Not sure the best location for this but related to balancing the pool water. As mentioned previously SWCG installed ( w/new liner) recently so I’m in the process of getting it dialed in. Had the pool perfect until we went on vacation. Came back a week later to clear water but juuuuust tad of algae noticable when I went to brush up the bottom. Figured it was my fault for maybe not elevating the chlorine….or whatever. Had the pool for years and it happens when you’re away. …but then I noticed the pool light was almost full of brownish water and it had not been prior to vacation. Or I didn’t notice it. It‘s the original bulb not an LED unit. Surmising that when they replaced the liner they cracked the light and water seeped in and turned green. Pool place has accepted responsibility and agreed to replace it. I’ve told them we’d just do it at the end of the season but got to thinking. If water seeped in and stagnated, algae probably migrated into the pool and MAY be the cause of my pool beginning to turn and unless I replace it now, I’ll be chasing algae for the next two months. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Pool place is waffling and talking in circles.

Can this scenario lead to algae in the pool? To my thinking, if water can get in...algae laden water can get out. Am I wrong?

Should the light assembly / cavity be filled with water? Pool place says yes. Is that correct? I would think not, otherwise you'd have stagnant water in that cavity = algae bloom like I have.

The light can't be floated to the top for repair since it was short wired. I would think the water MUST be lowered for repairs in this situation but they can't seem to agree.

Ok. That makes sense. The water is behind/around the light assembly which is seated in the niche, but there should not be water in
light assembly itself, correct? IE i should not be able to see a green water line across the top of the lens / bulb assembly.

if theres green water in there, is at accurate to say that can cause algae in the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.