Algae Help!

This may not be the right time.....but take a look at the new tech for pool cleaning. Cleans better, much cheaper to run, and removes all debris out of your pool water so not fouling your filter. Disclaimer, >$700. :shock: :wink:
Ughh wish I would have seen this 2 weeks ago, I just recently bought the MXK 8 Elite

Ok. Been adding LC throughout the day. My last drop of LC was at 5 pm
FC 25.5 so I added 64 ounces to bring it to Fc28 target number
I checked right now I got a FC of 29
I was thinking it was going to drop so I was expecting to add LC. But it didn’t so I’m going to use that number as my range for the OCLT. Still have the pump running Will check FC at 5 am. Water looks super clean and I don’t have CC. What is weird about it is that the water doesn’t have such a strong Chlorine smell like it did this morning at 5 am. Also, my arm is not irritated or itchy or dry or anything from getting water from the pool to test the water. That is the CYA in the water correct?
+1 to what @Newdude said. Don't end early as it will be even more of a pain to start over - we don't want your spouse saying it didn't work!!!. Better to do an extra 12-24hrs and ensure all is clear. You are seeing positive signs of it doing its thing.

• Love
Reactions: PoolStored
+1 to what @Newdude said. Don't end early as it will be even more of a pain to start over - we don't want your spouse saying it didn't work!!!. Better to do an extra 12-24hrs and ensure all is clear. You are seeing positive signs of it doing its thing.
Ok so should I still do the overnight test tomorrow or just do it Wednesday morning and continue tomorrow?

MXK 8 Elite
Don't sweat it at this point. Try it and see how it works. Or, if you haven't used it, return it.

I have a Dolphin DX3. Workhorse. Easy to maintain. Precursor to the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus. I would "BACKFILL MY POOL WITHOUT IT."

Reactions: poolmom21
Either way you have to test in the morning, whether it's an official OCLT or not. Might as well compare it to tonight's results.

Don't sweat it at this point. Try it and see how it works. Or, if you haven't used it, return it.

I have a Dolphin DX3. Workhorse. Easy to maintain. Precursor to the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus. I would "BACKFILL MY POOL WITHOUT IT."
I bought it at Leslies and they don’t accept returns on pool vacuums at all. I like it I just don’t like it that it basically runs between 85-100% pool pump speed. Anything lower and the thing just sits there. Not sure if connecting it to skimmer vs pool connector (inside pool) will help. Suggestions?

I bought it at Leslies and they don’t accept returns on pool vacuums at all. I like it I just don’t like it that it basically runs between 85-100% pool pump speed. Anything lower and the thing just sits there. Not sure if connecting it to skimmer vs pool connector (inside pool) will help. Suggestions?
I can’t help with this answer, others will have experience to answer…

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a question can I turn on my chlorinator for the day to help supplement chlorine ( say 50%) and turn it off a it night to do the overnight test but keep the pump running? My husband asked me so I thought I’d ask since I’m running low on LC which I will try to get today but just thought I’d ask since each gallon is $8 at 12.5% Home Depot has some at 10% strength but since it’s kept outside I’m not sure it’s fresh chlorine? Is there a way to check the date the Home Depot bleach?

I have a question can I turn on my chlorinator for the day to help supplement chlorine ( say 50%) and turn it off a it night to do the overnight test but keep the pump running?
At this stage, yes. I would put the SWCG at 100% or Boost mode.
Home Depot has some at 10% strength but since it’s kept outside I’m not sure it’s fresh chlorine? Is there a way to check the date the Home Depot bleach?

Is there a way to check the date the Home Depot bleach
There IS. A long # that starts with 21. That’s the production year. Disregard any 20s, obviously. The next 3 #s are the day #. Today for example is the 229th day. So if it was born today it would say 21229xxxxxx. Maybe some hyphens in there. Look for less than 3 months old.

Do I turn it off at night in order to do the overnight test?
yes
Also, how many days do I leave it at 100%, and when do I lower the chlorinator to maintain ?
When you pass the three criteria detailed in the SLAM Process, set the SWCG to generate 4 ppm FC per day (use Poolmath). Then adjust as necessary to keep FC at or above target level.

I would turn the SWG off an hour before sunset just to let everything get mixed and settled before you do the sunset test. I’m no expert, but that’s what I would do.
Yea, I have a reminder to turn off at 8:30 and test at 9:30. Do I test water at 8:30 and add LC if needed and then recheck at 9:30 for overnight test? Or just shut off at 8:30 and check at 9:30 for overnight test?

Yea, I have a reminder to turn off at 8:30 and test at 9:30. Do I test water at 8:30 and add LC if needed and then recheck at 9:30 for overnight test? Or just shut off at 8:30 and check at 9:30 for overnight test?
According to your PM logs you were at 29ppm then dropped to 20ppm, added LC and now back up to 27ppm. Since that was a big swing in 10 hrs or so, I would turn off SWCG at 830pm, test your FC, bring it up to 28 again, then test at 930pm and use that for your starting point of OCLT. Then test in morning to determine if any loss in FC.

Reactions: Newdude
Just left Home Depot. Bought HDX LC. I’m kicking myself in the butt for how much I purchased 8 gallons over the weekend at a mom and pop pool store. Just irks me how much they are gouging customers for LC. I bought 2 gallons at HD 10% strength for $9 with tax and the pool store sells them for double. Ughh lesson learned stop shopping at pool stores.

Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.