Algae Bloom??

Jul 22, 2013
Downers Grove, IL
Hello all, to start I have a 15 x 30' above ground pool with a cartridge filter.
1 1/2 weeks ago, we had a storm move through on a Saturday night. We were not home and my solar cover was not on.
It rained hard but for less than 1 hour.
Monday, the water seemed a little off slightly cloudy checked the chemicals and everything was in range.
Tuesday evening the water was really cloudy yellow/greenish. and could see some "sediment" on the bottom.
I let the filter run for 30+ hours no help. On Thursday I shocked it with about 1 1/2 gallons of liquid shock. and let the filter run for 24 hours it looked a little better.
Friday, I put about 10oz of Natures Way 5 in 1 ultra clarifier, by Sunday the pool was pretty clear with most of the "sediment" on the bottom.
PROBLEM is, when I went to vacuum the pool after a couple minutes I saw a green stream coming out of the return. I changed the filter and drained the holding tank it helped for a couple minutes but the green stream returned. It appears the sediment is smaller than the cartridge can filter or it gets dirty really fast and unable to filter.
HELP........
should I try vacuuming again after the sediment settles and hold a cheese cloth or something up to the reurn to "catch" the sediment from flowing back into the pool?

Well, we do not trust test strips and think they should just be thrown in the trash ... clearly they let you down this time ;)

If you want to actually take control of the water, invest in one of the recommended test kits ... and then follow the SLAM Process process.

How do you normally add chlorine? Your CYA (if you choose to believe those numbers) is much too high. Making your shock FC level very high ... see the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.