Algae bloom with 8ppm FC

Perfect spots. Also, you may wish to order one V-Fusion Return. I do not believe the steps are the same ones (They usually spin around, not out). That combination will make quite a difference in removing dead spots in the pool.

How long do you run your filter and from what time do you start and what time do you finish? You may have answered this one already. In NJ, we are getting cold. Assume you are still pretty warm in Florida.

I hate HVAC terminology (air being pushed back into the house is the SUPPLY, not the return). I always say the air being sucked out of the house going to the unit and then the air coming back into the house through the vents (makes it easier) LOL

The guy who named cold air returns must've had a boat. The system that sucks gas fumes from the bilge of a gas boat and heat from a diesel boat is operate by a switch on the dash labeled, you guessed it: BLOWER

I Definitely would recommend adding 2 V-Fusion return jets as well. This will increase the circulation dramatically.

I have 4 of the Circulators and they work great. The only issue is that I vacuum manually and once a week, it is sometimes hard to see what you are doing because the water moves on the surface. Sometimes I have to wait until the head rotates back down. There is a cover for the jet, but it costs like $20, and I refuse to get it. Chances are that I can probably create something out of PVC if I really needed to.

- - - Updated - - -

I will bet that there will be no more algae blooms at 8 FC ppm, and it will cut your brushing time of the walls down to at least once weekly. Personally, I have not brushed my walls in 5 months and have never seen a trace of algae, and the walls, floors do not feel slimy at all. This shows that the circulators do a great job. Although, I always recommend brushing the walls at least weekly.

I Definitely would recommend adding 2 V-Fusion return jets as well. This will increase the circulation dramatically.

I have 4 of the Circulators and they work great. The only issue is that I vacuum manually and once a week, it is sometimes hard to see what you are doing because the water moves on the surface. Sometimes I have to wait until the head rotates back down. There is a cover for the jet, but it costs like $20, and I refuse to get it. Chances are that I can probably create something out of PVC if I really needed to.

- - - Updated - - -

I will bet that there will be no more algae blooms at 8 FC ppm, and it will cut your brushing time of the walls down to at least once weekly. Personally, I have not brushed my walls in 5 months and have never seen a trace of algae, and the walls, floors do not feel slimy at all. This shows that the circulators do a great job. Although, I always recommend brushing the walls at least weekly.

I have received and installed the 360 circulating jets and now I get why I would need the V-Fusion also. The circulators now direct the flow in 360 directions that are 90 degrees apart from where the flow used to be. So now you need to point your jets 90 degrees off as well to compensate.

I just passed my OCLT - there was literally no loss at all between 10:15 pm and 8:00 am this morning.

I have received and installed the 360 circulating jets and now I get why I would need the V-Fusion also. The circulators now direct the flow in 360 directions that are 90 degrees apart from where the flow used to be. So now you need to point your jets 90 degrees off as well to compensate.

There is more to this. The water that circulates in all directions moves the surface water and it pushes it deep into the pool and all over the place. By placing these on opposite ends, IMO, you have essentially created a washing machine of water movement. The V-Fusion would be an added benefit as well.

I just passed my OCLT - there was literally no loss at all between 10:15 pm and 8:00 am this morning.

Congratulations! Keep this post handy and next year tell us the progress you are making/have made with the pool regarding any algae outbreaks, etc. Please keep us posted!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.