Alex's Pool Renovation.NEW PICS ARE NOW IN

ALBERTA_LEXUS said:
Thanks, I will upload some tomorrow at work. Learning a MAC is like learning compters all over again. At least it looks cool 8)

apple C for copy apple V for paste, they also call the apple button the 'command button' here's some other helpful short cuts: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75459 After working for Microsoft I'm thrilled I made the 'switch', I'll always have a PC around for various reasons but using my Mac just makes me happy! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, there is also some great user groups out there...and remember google is your friend :)

-Thomas

Sorry it took me so long gang! Here is the newer pics as promised.

e8d5348a.jpg

e8d53303.jpg

e8d5323c.jpg

From_Arizona said:
Very inviting - wow, what a change. Enjoy!

Yeah, but he's in Edmonton, right? It's FREEZIN'-Rear COLD UP THERE!!! :shock:

I'd also love to know about wood-burning heaters. I don't have the space for solar panels (they're like 20 ft long!) but I have a location to store wood. I live in MD and the growing trees in the neighborhood will eventually be problematic as far as shade goes.

I'd also love to know about wood-burning heaters. I don't have the space for solar panels (they're like 20 ft long!) but I have a location to store wood. I live in MD and the growing trees in the neighborhood will eventually be problematic as far as shade goes.
You can solve the shade problem and get some firewood in the process. :)

Well I have been thinking about modifying my wood heater because there is so much heat that is lost in the flue gas ( Chimney). I made a coil out of 3/8 copper tubing and wow does it work. As we speak the water entering the pool is...get ready for this....70+ Celcius at about 100 gallons per hour. This winter I am going to take out the heat exchanger in it and make it a multi pass heater because it only usually picks up about 2 degrees celcius at 70gpm. I plan on absorbing as much heat as possible without killing the fire. I will try to put up a couple pics later.

Alex

More info on your wood fired heater too please. Wondering if we could add some heat by swinging through a system at this time of year in addition to the solar panels. We just cannot get past the cool nights to get our water temp up, even with 90deg days now. It just hangs in the 77deg range. I thought if we could just start to heat it in the morning we want to use it, that would be something anyway!~

We have a dual heat system for our house with a wood boiler outside for the main and lp for the backup. I wonder if we Y'd off from the boiler and ran a pipe the pool direction (50' though) We don't use the wood boiler at all during the summer so it sits.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow...that looks fantastic.
I'm amazed you have a concrete pool here in Alberta. I was told that just was not a possibility in our cold climate.

I'm doing some pool renovations right now too but ours is replacing the liner and repairing the grout bottom/sides.

I live just east of Edmonton.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.