Air source heat pump???

I assume the water coming out of the returns should feel warmer pretty quickly. Never really tested it. How much warmer depends on the ambient air temp. My back patio thermometer says 82. My return temp sensor shows 89 and the HP says the incoming water is 85.

Thanks for your answers. It's taking ages to heat the pool, it's not a huge pool, (13.5ft x 9ft - 9 cubic ms of water) but we are in the UK with average day time temp of 18/19 degrees. Our heat pump is 5KW. We are up at about 23 degrees, having left it to run all day. Maybe I need a bigger pump? We have gone up from 19 degrees water temp (13 degrees ambient) at 7am this morning. I have got a huge tarp and wrapped the whole pool in it to keep the temp from dropping over night, and we will start again tomorrow!

Yes, it takes lots of energy to heat a pool. It is definitely a slow process in the beginning to get the temp up. It is easier to keep it warm once it is warmed up.

Yup, I think I am getting that now, thanks to the tarp we only lost about 1 degree over night! Should be a reasonable temperature for a possible dip at around 5pm this evening. Chemicals looking good, tiny bit high on Alkalinity, but I'm not going to mess with it just yet. very excited waiting to get in this thing, it has been far more work, and far more complicated than I ever imagined! :0

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.