Air Flow Fault on Jandy LXI

JoJessup

Apr 16, 2022
Texas
Propane Jandy LXI worked a month ago and now it is not. First had "Check Ignition Control" error. On Fenwell, it was flashing 3 times for "Ignition Lockout". Cleaned pool filter and Replaced the Ignitor and Flame Sensor. Then error on Fenwell flashing once for "Air Flow Fault". Replaced capacitor. Still flashing for "Air Flow Fault". Now what?

Welcome to TFP.

Does the blower start running when the heater tries to turn on?

You replaced the capacitor where?

Have you checked the air flow switch with a multimeter and the position of the tube leading to the air flow switch?

@setsailsoon @swamprat69

Jo,

Welcome to tfp! You've got the right place for your kind of problem. First thing I would do is check the connections on the air flow sensor. This exact same thing happened to me and all I had to do was remove the two Spade connectors clean them up and put them back together. I sprayed it with corrosion block after. Never had the problem again for the next four years that I owned that pool. next thing to do is check the rubber hoses that connect to the switch and to the manifold underneath the motor. They can come off or become cracked and not seal properly. The one under the motor can be very difficult to reach and see so it is often missed.

Chris

Welcome to TFP.

Does the blower start running when the heater tries to turn on?

You replaced the capacitor where?

Have you checked the air flow switch with a multimeter and the position of the tube leading to the air flow switch?

@setsailsoon @swamprat69
We replaced the capacitor on the blower fan. We replace Fenwall control module and the gas valve. The fan comes on. We smell propane. But it gives a Check Ignition Control error.
Jo,

Welcome to tfp! You've got the right place for your kind of problem. First thing I would do is check the connections on the air flow sensor. This exact same thing happened to me and all I had to do was remove the two Spade connectors clean them up and put them back together. I sprayed it with corrosion block after. Never had the problem again for the next four years that I owned that pool. next thing to do is check the rubber hoses that connect to the switch and to the manifold underneath the motor. They can come off or become cracked and not seal properly. The one under the motor can be very difficult to reach and see so it is often missed.

Chris
We checked the rubber hoses and even sucked on one (someone said to do this). We replaced the gas valve and the Fenwell Control Board too. Blower comes on but still getting error. I don’t know what you mean by the “two spade connectors”. Can you tell me where those are located?

We replaced the capacitor on the blower fan. We replace Fenwall control module and the gas valve. The fan comes on. We smell propane. But it gives a Check Ignition Control error.

We checked the rubber hoses and even sucked on one (someone said to do this). We replaced the gas valve and the Fenwell Control Board too. Blower comes on but still getting error. I don’t know what you mean by the “two spade connectors”. Can you tell me where those are located?
And we checked the air flow switch with a multimeter.

Have you checked the level of your propane tank and gas pressures with a manometer?

Smelling propane does not mean you have adequate gas.

Jo,

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. Unfortunately you've replaced some pretty expensive parts that were usually not indicated by the fault you are experiencing. It appears to me you have different faults that are preventing progress in the ignition cycle. When this happens it often is a systemic bad connection problem. The single flash on the Fenwal is only due to one thing. The Fenwal is not detecting air flow after the blower is energized. Either the switch switch has a bad connection on the wire connecting it with the Fenwal, or the switch is bad (very unlikely), or the small sensing hoses are obstructed/cracked. How old is the unit, and can you please post a photo of the wiring?

Chris

Why did you replace the capacitor? Isn't the blower starting? If it's not starting then there's not anything wrong with the rest of the system. You just need to get the fan running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.