coachhim

Mar 30, 2018
Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I need some help. Just installed a brand new pump and housing. It’s inyo pools pure line 2 hp

I have air bubbles from my return jets.
This is wearing me out. I don’t understand how I could still have leaks

Did you use Pool Lube - Further Reading on the pump basket lid gasket and the pump drain orings? Other place to check is the orings in the pump unions you used to connect the pump to your plumbing.
I do not have unions but I have pvc threaded to fit the pureline pump

I’ve ordered unions from inyo pools to see if my issue is there

Show us a picture of the pump. The one in your signature I do not believe is correct.

It’s not correct I’m the signature. Because this recently just happened. It’s a Chinese pureline from inyopools PL1702

Is their Hayward super II

Attachments

• IMG_3484.jpeg
    IMG_3484.jpeg
    780.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3485.jpeg
    IMG_3485.jpeg
    609.4 KB · Views: 8

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is a drain plug. Check the oring. Lube it with pool lube.
Yes it’s the drain plug but it doesn’t fit well. It does not snug up. What I usually do is get a deep socket and tighten with my hand. It’s probably stripped

It’s holding now very little bubbles but that bolt can never be fooled with its hanging by a thread I think

I’m wondering can I use a rubber stop

Teflon didn’t work have a rubber stopper from Home Depot in the hole until the new housing comes in.

Another question do you put the magic lube on the rubber o-ring on the outside the threads on the Union? When I take the Union apart it’s another rubber gasket should I lube that too?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.