Air bubbles and gurgling

Sarducci

Feb 2, 2019
Northeast Florida
Our pool is a month old, kids have been enjoying it with the use of our heat pump. Yesterday afternoon out of no where i started to hear a gurgling/popping sound and noticed little bubbles combing out of a return. ??? This was not happening on the prior 30 days. I would have noticed because I’ve been spending a lot of time in and around it. This sound can’t be missed. I checked the filter and pump lids, no obvious issue or sounds near the.

We are going to need more help to pinpoint the origin of those sounds. Is the pump basket (under the clear lid) full of water? Keeping full prime all the time? Or are the sounds you are hearing coming from the heater area? Somewhere else?

Please update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. It will help us in the future.

S,

Could be many things, but the first thing I would look at is the water level.. If the water level is low or the Weir door is stuck, your pump will suck in air and result will be "Air bubbles and gurgling"..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Update. I turned my pentair intellichlor up to 100% because I had trace amounts of chlorine when I had it set to 25%. For some reason when I turn the percentage way up on the intellichlor it results in some air coming out of my return. I turned it down to 50% and the issues is gone. I will follow up with pool info.

When a SWCG generates chlorine gas it also creates hydrogen gas. The chlorine readily absorbs into the water. The hydrogen does not. Thus the bubbles you see in the returns.

Reactions: carnivalday
We are going to need more help to pinpoint the origin of those sounds. Is the pump basket (under the clear lid) full of water? Keeping full prime all the time? Or are the sounds you are hearing coming from the heater area? Somewhere else?

Please update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. It will help us in the future.

I updated my signature, please let me know if it now shows up. Thanks for taking the time to provide input on my situation. I think I’ve resolved it...for now.

Signature looks fine. Put in what test kit you use for water chemistry testing to reduce questions in the future.

Reactions: Sarducci
This was interesting to me, because I am getting those little bubbles too. Even when I wasnt running the SWG. And then sometimes there are no bubbles. I decided not to worry about it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The returns are the jets that move the water around, right? No the bubbles are just coming out of the one closest to the equipment. Very very new...a month old or so....and not losing water at all. Im thinking its simply a function of the pump and SWG coming on and off. Its not all the time, and when it is its very slight (except when the pump turns on in the morning of course) so Im pretty sure its within normal territory for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.