Air Blower keeps turning itself on and off

BillyP

Oct 6, 2016
Houston, TX
Hello,
I am in Houston and just got my pool up and running again after the freeze. (When we lost power Monday morning, I pulled all the plugs and drained the system) Before losing power, the pool was in freeze protection mode and the air blower was turning itself on and off, but I thought it was just a quirk of freeze protection. Now that the pool is running, ambient temp is 55F and water temp is 47F, and in pool mode the blower is turning on and then turning off after running for about 15 minutes. Blower is a 1.5HP silencer air blower. Setup is controlled by pentair easytouch.

Sounds like freeze protection is still on in your ET.

Turn off freeze protection and see if your blower acts normal.

I am no pentair expert, but in a portable spa that behavior sounds like either a sensor issue or a faulty button on the controller. Depending on sensor location, it could also be a flow restriction, such as a clogged filter or pump, causing a high temp reading at the sensor and engaging some cool-down safety protocol. Not sure if pentair has that, but most portables do.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don’t know if you have you automation linked to Alexa or any home automation system, but I had an issue after power went out with a smart light switch, where the lights kept turning itself off and on. I had to disconnect the switch from my Wi-Fi to get it to stop. Good luck!

Air blower still coming on. Anyone have ideas?

Post a pic of the inside of your ET system.

Identify the breaker and high voltage relay that controls the air blower.

Disconnect the blower from the LOAD side of the relay.

Test the LOAD side of the relay with a multimeter and see if the ET turns the voltage on and off.

Only do what you are comfortable doing working around line electricity.

Show us pics of what you find.

Hello everyone.
to close the loop on this one, while I was posting here I reached out to pentair to see if they had any ideas. They remote logged into my system and this was their response:

“After looking at the circuit function for air blower, it looks like it was set to the wrong circuit function as a Floor Cleaner which is not going to operate the circuit as a simple on and off. I changed this to a generic circuit which should allow you to turn it on and off as intended. Please let me know if this works.”

It worked! My blower doesn’t come on anymore. I am not sure why the blower never did this in the 3 years I’ve owned the pool but since it’s fixed now I’m done asking questions 🙂. Hope this helps someone in a future search.

Reactions: RDspaguy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.