Air Blower keeps turning itself on and off

BillyP

Oct 6, 2016
Houston, TX
Hello,
I am in Houston and just got my pool up and running again after the freeze. (When we lost power Monday morning, I pulled all the plugs and drained the system) Before losing power, the pool was in freeze protection mode and the air blower was turning itself on and off, but I thought it was just a quirk of freeze protection. Now that the pool is running, ambient temp is 55F and water temp is 47F, and in pool mode the blower is turning on and then turning off after running for about 15 minutes. Blower is a 1.5HP silencer air blower. Setup is controlled by pentair easytouch.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Sounds like freeze protection is still on in your ET.

Turn off freeze protection and see if your blower acts normal.

BillyP

Oct 6, 2016
Houston, TX
Welp I turned off freeze protection on all circuits and reset the panel just for good measure and the blower is still coming on. Any other ideas? Thanks.

BillyP

Oct 6, 2016
Houston, TX
The blower is over by the equipment and has a Hartford loop coming out of the ground right next to it. The blower is plugged into the panel so I’m not sure where to look for an air switch.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Do you have any spa side control panel?

RDspaguy

In The Industry
Mar 21, 2020
Cabool, Mo
I am no pentair expert, but in a portable spa that behavior sounds like either a sensor issue or a faulty button on the controller. Depending on sensor location, it could also be a flow restriction, such as a clogged filter or pump, causing a high temp reading at the sensor and engaging some cool-down safety protocol. Not sure if pentair has that, but most portables do.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

SchubeyDew

Jan 24, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I don’t know if you have you automation linked to Alexa or any home automation system, but I had an issue after power went out with a smart light switch, where the lights kept turning itself off and on. I had to disconnect the switch from my Wi-Fi to get it to stop. Good luck!

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Air blower still coming on. Anyone have ideas?

Post a pic of the inside of your ET system.

Identify the breaker and high voltage relay that controls the air blower.

Disconnect the blower from the LOAD side of the relay.

Test the LOAD side of the relay with a multimeter and see if the ET turns the voltage on and off.

Only do what you are comfortable doing working around line electricity.

Show us pics of what you find.