Aiper Smart 1500 cordless robotic pool cleaner review

Sep 3, 2014
Oviedo, FL
Just bought my first robot cleaner, an Aiper Smart 1500 cordless robotic pool cleaner. I saw a good deal on it from Costco for $650 so I picked it up. If it doesn't meet my needs, it is easy to return for a refund. It is also available from Amazon.

I have always wanted a robot cleaner, even though my pool has a screen enclosure which keeps out leaves and other big debris.
I don't vacuum as much as I should (especially in the hot Florida summer), and sometimes fine dirt settles on the bottom. I looked into getting a Dolphin S200 or Warrior SE from Marina, but I could never get hold of anyone there, and now their Dolphin S200 or Warrior SE robot supply is out of stock.

The Aiper came with an optional bottom wheel/roller attachment. The manual said it should be used if the robot got stuck on the main bottom drains, so I first tried it without the attachment. While the robot did not get stuck on the drains, it did get hung up on the stairs and sitting ledges. It did pick up a lot of dirt and paint flecks though. I had recently power washed the painted pool deck and this always kicks lots of paint flecks into the pool. A curse on the previous owners that painted the pool deck, that was a really bad idea.

So after running for a couple of days and getting stuck, I decided to install the optional bottom wheel/roller attachment. After running with this attachment, the robot did not get hung up anymore.

I'll keep using it daily and see how well it works. The pool does look really clean now, but I expect I will still have to brush the steps and ledges since the robot does not really clean them effectively. I think this a problem with all robots though.

Pros:
In stock (no waiting for new shipments).
Reasonable price.
Cordless (uses a 12.6V, 8.6Ah rechargeable battery) so no cord in pool.
Has a nice big cleaning brush for scrubbing.
Has a strong impeller that really pushes the water out so it has good suction.
Climbs the walls and cleans the waterline.
Doesn't get stuck on the drains, stairs, or ledges (see comments though).
Has an easy to clean medium size very fine mesh filter basket that catches the fine dirt.

Cons:
Takes around 6-7 hours to charge.
Only runs for 90 minutes, so more suitable for a small to medium size pool (like mine).
Made in China, so its durability is questionable.
No control of the cleaning pattern, just an on/off switch.

Last edited:
I think this may be the way all of them go in the future... With a bigger battery and a bigger charger the time could be cut in half for charging and it could go a couple days cleaning... :)

I recently purchased a used cleaner of this model. I noticed it took longer than i thought to charge (over 6 hours). If i wiggled the power cord in the cleaner, the light on the charger started changing from red to green. Maybe the connection is going? Not sure. Anyone else seen this? Thanks.

Just bought my first robot cleaner, an Aiper Smart 1500 cordless robotic pool cleaner. I saw a good deal on it from Costco for $650 so I picked it up. If it doesn't meet my needs, it is easy to return for a refund. It is also available from Amazon.

I have always wanted a robot cleaner, even though my pool has a screen enclosure which keeps out leaves and other big debris.
I don't vacuum as much as I should (especially in the hot Florida summer), and sometimes fine dirt settles on the bottom. I looked into getting a Dolphin S200 or Warrior SE from Marina, but I could never get hold of anyone there, and now their Dolphin S200 or Warrior SE robot supply is out of stock.

The Aiper came with an optional bottom wheel/roller attachment. The manual said it should be used if the robot got stuck on the main bottom drains, so I first tried it without the attachment. While the robot did not get stuck on the drains, it did get hung up on the stairs and sitting ledges. It did pick up a lot of dirt and paint flecks though. I had recently power washed the painted pool deck and this always kicks lots of paint flecks into the pool. A curse on the previous owners that painted the pool deck, that was a really bad idea.

So after running for a couple of days and getting stuck, I decided to install the optional bottom wheel/roller attachment. After running with this attachment, the robot did not get hung up anymore.

I'll keep using it daily and see how well it works. The pool does look really clean now, but I expect I will still have to brush the steps and ledges since the robot does not really clean them effectively. I think this a problem with all robots though.

Pros:
Reasonable price.
Has an easy to clean medium size very fine mesh filter basket that catches the fine dirt.

Cons:
Only runs for 90 minutes, so more suitable for a small to medium size pool (like mine).
I am considering purchasing this model. How is it performing now?

I’m on 2nd week of using the Aiper 1500. I have a large 40x20 L shaped pool and 8 foot deep end so it doesn’t hit every nook and cranny in 90 minutes. But it’s super easy to use daily and is keeping my leaf heavy pool clear of leaves. It doesn’t get super fine dirt and doesn’t have enough suction strength to lift coins off the pool floor. But I’m finding it better than running my suction cleaner 24/7 like I was doing… and didn’t constantly dealing with it getting clogged with leaves. My main concern is with longevity. If it lasts 2 years I think it would be worth the $700 I paid… which happens to be the warranty length.

Reactions: Justantru
was looking at the Aiper 1300 cause I think cordless still makes me nervous with power, and having to charge it up.

Put it in my cart to see about Memorial weekend discounts, and my Honey app on chrome put in "OFF20" and I just got 20% off, so the Aiper 1300, which is $679 is marked down $50 on their site, and I just bought it for $504!!

Hope this helps someone else, been wanting to jump and waiting on a discount to try, thought about dolphin but I wanted a longer warranty and cheaper price, worth the risk!

was looking at the Aiper 1300 cause I think cordless still makes me nervous with power, and having to charge it up.

Put it in my cart to see about Memorial weekend discounts, and my Honey app on chrome put in "OFF20" and I just got 20% off, so the Aiper 1300, which is $679 is marked down $50 on their site, and I just bought it for $504!!

Hope this helps someone else, been wanting to jump and waiting on a discount to try, thought about dolphin but I wanted a longer warranty and cheaper price, worth the risk!
where did you purchase for that price?

"and I just got 20% off, so the Aiper 1300, which is $679 is marked down $50 on their site, and I just bought it for $504!!" When @kdalhgren249 said "their" I'm guessing he meant Aiper website.

Or maybe not, it didn't work for me at Aiper website.
Yes it was on their website but it was a memorial weekend sale. Likely need to wait for another promo.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am considering purchasing this model. How is it performing now?
Bought my Aiper 1500 robotic pool cleaner in fall of 2021. It has worked very well up until now, and now it doesn’t have the power to climb walls at a full charge. Like that it has a big basket for debris, and does pick up a lot of debris. Don’t like that it doesn’t have a mapping system built in to detect where the debris is located, and randomly goes along the pool floor where it’s already cleaned. It’s a hassle that it takes at least 8 hours to do a full charge. Aiper no longer sells the 1500 model, and it’s replacement is the Aiper Pro Series, which says Something.
the newer version of the 1500, called the Aiper Pro has a more powerful battery, says it works for 180 minutes on a single charge, and only takes 2.5 hours for a full battery recharge.

After 1 1/2 years of using the Aiper 1500, I wouldn’t purchase it again if I had known that the battery power would degrade so fast it would stop climbing walls. An 8 hour charge time is just way to long to be feasible to use daily also.

Pros:
Reasonable price.

Cons:
I have an older Aiper that is NOT robotic. It still works but getting parts is ridiculous. The few parts (a belt and roller) they sent were for another model. Maybe they have improved.

FYI, one year+1 week later, my orca 1300 stopped working. Worked fine on friday, went to start it on saturday, powerbox blinks like normal saying it has started the cleaning process... nothing happens with the robot.

I've disconnected and reattached the cable, but nothing. any other troubleshooting I can do?

the aiper website has all new products now, and they are saying they can only offer me 50% warranty because they do not support the product anymore. I am irate. What is the point of a warranty if it doesn't protect you at full cost?

I may be licking my wounds with a payment from them and buying something else. Wasn't expecting to buy a new robot EVERY YEAR.

I bought the cordless Aiper 1500 just over a year ago. Previously I had the equivalent of the Dolphin CC plus (6 years). I have a small pool - 8000 gallons, fiberglass. It is open all year.

I’ll cut to the chase. Don’t buy the Aiper. It never really climbed walls. The scrubbing was inferior. The pick up was so-so. Several cheap bits broke off the unit during the year. And after 1 year and 1 month it would no longer charge.

I used support with both companies and the experience was similar.

Now I’m back to deciding what to get. I’m not set up for a suction unit. I guess most people say robots last about 3-5 years. The cc plus is $799 right now. If it lasts 3 years that’s about $22 a month with year around use. Seems like they could do better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.