Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all, I am new here, and a new to pools. One that is about to get plaster. Thoughts on this cleaner?

I looked at their Kickstarter for their latest battery powered cleaner but didn’t want to drop $700 and risk them not delivering if the kickstarter failed. I think their current line of rechargeable robots are too under powered to handle most pools and you’d likely be recharging it a lot just to get a decent run time out of it. If you had a smaller above ground pool like an Intex pool, it might be a good option. Stick with the corded robot models for now until these battery operated units have aged a bit more. Like electric cars, the batteries are the most expensive part and you don’t want to have to deal with a dead battery that’s going to cost you as much as the product itself to replace.

I looked at their Kickstarter for their latest battery powered cleaner but didn’t want to drop $700 and risk them not delivering if the kickstarter failed. I think their current line of rechargeable robots are too under powered to handle most pools and you’d likely be recharging it a lot just to get a decent run time out of it. If you had a smaller above ground pool like an Intex pool, it might be a good option. Stick with the corded robot models for now until these battery operated units have aged a bit more. Like electric cars, the batteries are the most expensive part and you don’t want to have to deal with a dead battery that’s going to cost you as much as the product itself to replace.
I looked at the Kickstarter Campaign. Naturally they are teasing with a June 2022 shipment. Given your stature on this page, have you read or heard of anyone who has been updated through this campaign? I’m curious to know if their blog and updates align anywhere near their 2022 ship dates. Finally, IF this machine has a 2 hour run time, how well do you feel it will clean a 20 x 40 pool? Thank you!

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.