Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
We have a jacuzzi bathtub that hasn't been used since we installed our pool and spa. Turned it on and... Yuck. After a couple of rounds with cascade and bleach and more black gunk, I ordered ahh-some from Amazon. I think I got the wrong stuff but used it anyway (about a tablespoon) and got a huge amount of yucky foam. Ran, refilled, and everything looks good.

My questions are.. anything wrong with using this for my bathtub once in a while, AND -on the pool side-is there anything right about using a little of this to clear out my (attached) spa jets? When we run in spa mode it seems that water would sit in the pipes and possibly lead to biofilm, especially once it's summer and we don't use the spa as much.IMG_20200826_131729.jpg

The pool formula will certainly help with biofilm removal but you'll need to do more purges with this instead of the Hot Tub Jetted Bath formula. The Pool Ahh-Some has a clarifier in it which is used for large recreational vessels such as pools and swim spas. Adding the correct amount is very important.

Reactions: Mdragger88
The pool formula will certainly help with biofilm removal but you'll need to do more purges with this instead of the Hot Tub Jetted Bath formula. The Pool Ahh-Some has a clarifier in it which is used for large recreational vessels such as pools and swim spas. Adding the correct amount is very important.
I think we've successfully dealt with the jetted bathtub. I'll run and clean it more frequently from now on to avoid biofilm buildup.

What about the spa that's attached to our pool? Should we run this through once every so often?

You can set up a Spillover function on your automation to run the spa jets each day for a short period of time. I assume you have a makeup line for the spa. This would use the actual jets, if only for 10 or 15 minutes.

Sorry I didn't read your entire post regarding biofilm in the spa jets in the pool/spa combo. Our Pool Ahh-Some Bio Cleaner and Water Clarifier, when used in swimming pools, one 6 ounce container treats 20,000 gallons for a month. Pool water will look amazing. Be sure to really super shock or slam your pool when the product is added because it will eliminate lots of bio-gunk from the plumbing, the pool surface material and return inlet jets. The FAC will drop appreciably for a few days after it is added. This is normal. There is no product in the industry quite like it. It will clear cloudy water, remove surface gunk, enhance the filtration, clean salt cell plates, and soften the water after continued use. This was the very first product the inventor produced. We do recommend the hot tub/jetted bath product for those vessels since they will remove bio-contaminants much quicker and more completely. MDragger88, use the pool,formula for your pool/spa combo. It is AhhSome.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.