Ahh-some question

banjomarsh

Bronze Supporter
Aug 4, 2010
Pekin, Illinois
I plan on treating the 350 gallon spa with AhhSome and then dump for a refill. My question is, can I pump the spa water to my 12,000 gal. pool after cleaning up whatever slime/scum the Ahhsome dislodges? I will then refill the spa from the pool because the pool water is perfect. My well water has high "clearwater iron" that I have already dealt with in the pool water.

banjomarsh: Hello and thanks for viewing all the great information that this forum can offer you. Your question is a good one and I have never been asked before. The short answer is yes. However, a few caveats. You MUST try to remove as much of the brownish/greenish sticky particulates as you can with a wet towel. After the purge you can simply spray a little bit of water on the foam that may be congregating at the surface. Just a short 5-10 second squirt will get rid of the foam. Lots of the gunk that is released will hide inside the foam. We want you to get as much of the released bio-contaminants as you can out of the hot tub, especially at the waterline and in the filter housing. Now you can pump that into the pool, super chlorinate the pool and run the filter continuously for a few hours. Then, move the water from the pool to the hot tub. Because your pool is a much larger water capacity it really shouldn't affect the clarity or chemical balance to a great extent. This will work. If your pool is avinyl lined you may see a small residual of sticky particulates at the waterline. Just wipe it away as soon as you notice it.

Good question, I also have a high iron content in my well and clean the iron out with my pool filter then fill my hot tub with the pool water. I will also drain or partially drain my hot tub into my pool and back again, but I've never done it with the ahhsome purge.

Just a follow up on my July 10 post. I did the the Ah-Some treatment and then dumped to pool and then refilled from pool. No problems, everything great so far, not using the Frog-eze cartridges, just Liquid bleach. Pool water had a CYA of 30-35. This was the second Ahh- some flush, both times there was just a little green scum and slime within the first 25 minutes, wiped it clean with sponge and no more. Did find that my Hot Springs spa has this weir at the filter and under the inside rim was a disgusting sludge build up that was very hard to remove but gone now and has not came back so far.

Reactions: Newdude and mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.