AGP Install Prep (Another Foam Board Thread)

TUBgrime

Nov 24, 2020
Longview, Texas
Hello TFP,

Have a question about foam board laying and have seen many different variations on here that people have done. The pool I am preparing the ground for tomorrow is a 20 ft Bestway pool 48" deep, and I am thinking about just preparing the ground and using the foam board without pavers. I saw that some have said the weight the frame holds is mostly just he weight being applied from the top edge of the pool like people leaning on it or climbing over, etc. That most of the weight of the water is held and dispersed over the foam through the liner.

Some have said in past threads that the frame legs only put mild dents in the foam but I am thinking a 4" x 4" teflon square would help spread the weight out on that leg preventing any push through on the foam board?

Any insight from the OGs would be appreciated. If I need to dig down and install pavers this is okay but I would prefer to not do this if there was not any risk of breakthrough onthe foam board.

Thank you in advance.

legs will probably poke through foam and if your soil is good they will probably be ok, but if you have anything that gets sloppy when it is wet, they will sink. probably easier in the long run to put them on pavers. speaking from experience. my soil/dirt is pretty good, but the one low spot of course collects water and it has been a cycle of wet, slight sinking, more water etc. then when the leg sits in a wet spot all the time the bottom can rust faster.

Reactions: TUBgrime
legs will probably poke through foam and if your soil is good they will probably be ok, but if you have anything that gets sloppy when it is wet, they will sink. probably easier in the long run to put them on pavers. speaking from experience. my soil/dirt is pretty good, but the one low spot of course collects water and it has been a cycle of wet, slight sinking, more water etc. then when the leg sits in a wet spot all the time the bottom can rust faster.
I gotcha. Thanks for the response. I also have some Trex deck board That might be a better non flexible choice which would hopefully keep the water from pooling. I have some time to decide yet. Pavers may just be the best route and easiest way to ensure a perfect or close to perfect pool level.

Reactions: Pv2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.