AG with algae since May, TFP since July, cloudy

Thanks for all of your help. Wondering if I should be concerned about this little leak. See my video here.

Thanks for all of your help. Pool os starting to clear up! Amazing! Wondering if I should be concerned about this little leak. See my photo here.
Probably need to fix that. Leaking water isn’t good but probably not catastrophic at the moment. Maybe just the gasket needs to be replaced?

Looks like you are getting some solid advice here. Stay the course! It will take awhile to filter everything off. It is possible that your return jets could help your skimmer/drain work better. When I had an AGP I found it best to point my return jet directly across the pool aimed down towards the bottom of the pool (Rather than in one direction causing the water to "spin"). If you have more than one return, you may have to try another route. I'm sure there are many other AGP owners that can assist with this. It may help. It kept my water temperature even throughout the pool better as well

Not sure when clear is clear enough. It’s hard to get perfect photos.

Attachments

• 5BBCE53C-316F-4C21-BDF0-722D753FF36E.jpeg
    5BBCE53C-316F-4C21-BDF0-722D753FF36E.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 16
  • E6A9D085-F00B-422C-B55C-A21B3302D0A0.jpeg
    E6A9D085-F00B-422C-B55C-A21B3302D0A0.jpeg
    445.5 KB · Views: 16
  • E969DD2D-CC85-4494-B098-5AD600051AB9.jpeg
    E969DD2D-CC85-4494-B098-5AD600051AB9.jpeg
    409.5 KB · Views: 16
Not sure when clear is clear enough. It’s hard to get perfect photos.
You’re on the right track! Almost to the finish line 👍🏻
Since u asked 👇
How Clear is TFP Clear?
Also, about your filter- backwash when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure - whenever that is for u -
Example :
if clean pressure immediately after backwash is 20psi you would backwash @ 25psi
My clean pressure is 10psi so I backwash at 12.5 psi. It is different for every pool.
that little circle with the arrows on the gauge should move so u can put at least one of the arrows in the right place as a reminder. Also be certain that the gauge is working properly (when the pump is off it should be on zero) if not it needs to be replaced- they’re not terribly expensive. It should be removed for the winter to prevent damage if u close your pool.
About the steps-
How are they weighed down? Most steps/ladders need modifications & regular attention so they don’t become algae hotels. Any weights should be completely sealed to prevent algae from growing in them. Pics would help us give u some ideas on preventing future issues.

SLAM ON 🤩

You’re on the right track! Almost to the finish line 👍🏻
Since u asked 👇
How Clear is TFP Clear?
Also, about your filter- backwash when pressure rises 25% over clean pressure - whenever that is for u -
Example :
if clean pressure immediately after backwash is 20psi you would backwash @ 25psi
My clean pressure is 10psi so I backwash at 12.5 psi. It is different for every pool.
that little circle with the arrows on the gauge should move so u can put at least one of the arrows in the right place as a reminder. Also be certain that the gauge is working properly (when the pump is off it should be on zero) if not it needs to be replaced- they’re not terribly expensive. It should be removed for the winter to prevent damage if u close your pool.
About the steps-
How are they weighed down? Most steps/ladders need modifications & regular attention so they don’t become algae hotels. Any weights should be completely sealed to prevent algae from growing in them. Pics would help us give u some ideas on preventing future issues.

SLAM ON 🤩
Hmmm. I don’t know about weights. Here are some photos of the ladder. I haven’t had hubby put it back. This is how the pool came when I bought the house this past November.

I took some photos of the pool water this morning. I think it qualifies as TFP clear. 😬 But when I swept last night and this morning, I did get little puffs of greyish clouds at the end of the broom. Not sure if it’s dead algae or my liner starting to disintegrate. Eek.

Attachments

• 590308C7-E7DF-4F69-8744-217444E6569D.jpeg
    590308C7-E7DF-4F69-8744-217444E6569D.jpeg
    425.7 KB · Views: 16
  • F1BEDB55-55D3-4664-B03C-E19D6C516E7A.jpeg
    F1BEDB55-55D3-4664-B03C-E19D6C516E7A.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 15
  • F456ABAE-B55E-4370-B587-4F749261B8A5.jpeg
    F456ABAE-B55E-4370-B587-4F749261B8A5.jpeg
    392 KB · Views: 12
  • 351D610D-18C0-407F-A23C-D420AF899E50.jpeg
    351D610D-18C0-407F-A23C-D420AF899E50.jpeg
    445.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 52641CCF-C429-4713-9A06-87C30C428925.jpeg
    52641CCF-C429-4713-9A06-87C30C428925.jpeg
    503 KB · Views: 16
Hmmm. I don’t know about weights. Here are some photos of the ladder. I haven’t had hubby put it back. This is how the pool came when I bought the house this past November.

I took some photos of the pool water this morning. I think it qualifies as TFP clear. 😬 But when I swept last night and this morning, I did get little puffs of greyish clouds at the end of the broom. Not sure if it’s dead algae or my liner starting to disintegrate. Eek.
Algae poofs 💨 Keep slammin till u get no more accumulation of the dead stuff.
That ladder looks like it has good flow & no stagnant places for water just crannies to routinely scrub 👍🏻

Reactions: cricrina888

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So my pump just died. And not sure when the replacement is going to happen (dealing with home warranty). How can I keep pool going in the right direction in the meantime that the pump gets replaced? Will chlorine alone and daily vacuumimg suffice? Please say yes 🤞🏼🤞🏼

So my pump just died. And not sure when the replacement is going to happen (dealing with home warranty). How can I keep pool going in the right direction in the meantime that the pump gets replaced? Will chlorine alone and daily vacuumimg suffice? Please say yes 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Could get a sump pump to move water around and mix chlorine for you.

Last edited:
tl;dr is that in my case the chlorine spread itself around with no pump for 8 days.

The breaker flipped 3 days into an 11 day vacation in June. Saw it happen via web. Expected a mess. Hot and sunny most of the time. Had left a floater full of 3" tabs. FC was still 6 and pH 7.8 with CYA 50-60 when I got home. Measured at the opposite end of the pool from the floater. The water was completely clear. A bunch of plant stuff on surface and bottom. Cleaned up w/ Polaris and net in an hour or so. Couldn't believe it. Amazing.

I've seen some folks suggest stirring with a net a couple of times a day. Or swim!

Last edited:
Stir as best you can periodically with a broom. Pool brush, canoe paddle, whatever. You can mix in LC to keep things sanitized til your pump comes.

Do u cover the pool in the winter? If so a submersible cover pump can help now & during the winter
Harbor freight has them

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.