After 12 lbs shock and 3 gallons liquid chlorine the green swamp is getting worse!

No folds in the liner it was done a year ago and lays flat across the board. When I took the ladder off, it was flipped upside down and did basically did a visual of the bottom of the step cavities. I did not try to take it all apart or to see if it does come all apart or get into the steel poles but guess I have another project lined up to delve deeper into the ladder whenever I find the time, this weekend perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks for the recommendations on what to keep looking out for and the motivation in getting closer to getting this pool issue figured out
!

- - - Updated - - -

And will crack open the big egg sand filter and have a look!

One suggestion, when you take ladder off just leave it off overnight while you perform the OCLT. That way you can determine if that is cause before taking the whole ladder apart.
I like that! :goodjob: Now why didn't I think of that? :hammer:

Maybe someone else can comment on this, but I am wondering if you are testing too early at night and too late in morning.

I looked up sunrise and sunset time in Virginia and it set at 8:15pm and sunrise was at 5:47am. Combined, that's about an hour in a half of time that sun was up between your tests. If your FC levels are at SLAM level it seems reasonable to lose enough FC in that time that would cause you to fail OCLT by 0.5.

Maybe someone else with more experience can comment if that is a reasonable assumption. Maybe do OCLT a little later at night and a little earlier in the morning.

Maybe someone else with more experience can comment if that is a reasonable assumption. Maybe do OCLT a little later at night and a little earlier in the morning.
We discussed that previously behind the scenes and really got deep into the weeds about FC levels and overall durations. Don't get these scientists going. :blah: We wondered if 5 hours was too short, and if anything more than 8 hours was too much. In the end, the amount of time does not have to be specific, but I would recommend that anything between 5-7 hours of ZERO sunlight is plenty and should be fine.
Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.