Aeration to raise Ph

JeaniB

Gold Supporter
May 30, 2019
Midwest
So,. Finally got my TA down, pH is 7.3, FC 2.5,.. CYA 60-70. SWG. Yesterday was the first day of full sun and two adult swimmers. I’m adding some bleach. My question is how much aeration do I need to raise my pH? I rigged this from an old pond pump. Is it enough?

Attachments

JeaniB

Gold Supporter
May 30, 2019
Midwest
And the only bleach I have is @ made with cloromax technology “ is this just something to look good in the label? Or am I going to have to get dressed and go to the store?🤪

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Go to the store. Cloromax Technology is polymers that can create foaming in your pool. Crank up your SWG some.

pH of 7.3 is fine. See what your aeration does to it.

Reactions: JeaniB

JeaniB

Gold Supporter
May 30, 2019
Midwest
Go to the store. Cloromax Technology is polymers that can create foaming in your pool. Crank up your SWG some.

pH of 7.3 is fine. See what your aeration does to it.

I was afraid you were going to say that:( I had a long day, in my bathing suit, was gonna get in and kick my little legs to raise my pH,...you've ruined my night :(

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Jean,

Actually, your pH is just fine.. Anything in the 7's is good and it will come up on its own anyway..

Thanks,

Jim R.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
There is no reason to adjust your pH at this point. It will go up on its own. And to reiterate do not use that Clorox bleach.