Aeration raising PH

BennyC

May 11, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Hello, new to the forum and I don’t know if this is the correct place to ask this question.

I understand aeration increases PH but I recently added Borates to 50ppm. Will my spill over and waterfalls still continue to raise PH?

Thank you!

Tested today:
FC 3
CC 0
PH 7.4
ALK 90
CH 400
CYA 35
BOR 50

Welcome to the forum!
With our high pH and TA fill water, your pH will continue to rise. Not as quickly, but it will.

When you go to lower it, you will use the same amount of muriatic acid to lower the pH (and TA) as you would have had you not added the borates. So expect a large acid add eventually.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thank you for the quick reply. I was hoping that PH “only” gets so high with aeration. Made the mistake with Cal-Hypo this season with hard Las Vegas water (why Leslie’s would recommend I don’t know). I happy to say everything is in balance except CH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.