Advice for Replacement Pump

Medic1077

Nov 23, 2022
Louisiana
I currently have a Jandy system with CL460 cartridge filter, JXI400 heater and the original 2.5hp stealth single speed pump. The bottom of the CL460 filter housing started leaking and the heater core just started leaking. I am going to replace both but would like to replace the single spped pump also. What is the difference between the Jandy epump (VSSHP270DV2A) and the Jandy PlusHP (VSPHP270DV2A)? I'm also yhinking of switching to Pentair Sta-rite System 3 Cartridge Filter.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What is the difference between the Jandy epump (VSSHP270DV2A) and the Jandy PlusHP (VSPHP270DV2A)?

The two pumps look functionally identical. The PlusHP has a smaller form factor.

1669309362019.png

1669309419911.png
1669309457510.png
I'm also yhinking of switching to Pentair Sta-rite System 3 Cartridge Filter.

Filters are a commodity. They are all basically the same. I would get the Pentair filter since it does not use a Jandy proprietary and expensive to replace air relief valve and PSI gauge.

Reactions: Medic1077
I ended up finding a good price the Jandy ePump (VSSHP270DV2A) om ebay. Looking at the installation instructions for this pump it appears to internally convert the single phase 220v line feed to 3-phase. None of the other pumps mention this.

I ended up finding a good price the Jandy ePump (VSSHP270DV2A) om ebay. Looking at the installation instructions for this pump it appears to internally convert the single phase 220v line feed to 3-phase. None of the other pumps mention this.

All of the VS pumps control VS motors this way.

Why do you care? They need 240V or 120V line power in to work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.