Los Angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello.
Pebblesheen installed last week.
There are dozens of dime size and larger areas where cream remains ( no pebbles). Is there a remedy for this ?
Is this within standard?
Is it possible to just acid wash those areas?
Also there are rough patches in spa where it appears pebbles were overexposed.
Am I being too picky?
0lz advise and thank you in advance.
Kathleen

Hello.
Pebblesheen installed last week.

Post pics with the areas you are concerned about.

There are dozens of dime size and larger areas where cream remains ( no pebbles). Is there a remedy for this ?

Acid can be used to remove some of the cream. But you risk getting the pebbles over exposed. It takes someone who knows what they are doing and it does not sound like your plasterer was the best.

Is this within standard?

You are not going to get a perfect job. It is hand applied and depends on the skills of the crew you get that day.

Is it possible to just acid wash those areas?

Yes, if you drain the pool.

Also there are rough patches in spa where it appears pebbles were overexposed.

Probably why they left cream in some areas because they saw they over exposed others. Better having too much cream then too little. Over exposed areas are likely to have pebbles come loose over time.
Am I being too picky?

Probably.

0lz advise and thank you in advance.

You got it. :}

Both those pics look acceptable to me.

I would like the finish in the spa yo look like the rest of the pool.
I dont think that's unreasonable because the pool finish does not have huge areas of cream obscuring the pebbles.

Talk to your Pool Builder.

Your first post did not say the problems were isolated to the spa. What problems are where?

I would like the finish in the spa yo look like the rest of the pool.
I dont think that's unreasonable because the pool finish does not have huge areas of cream obscuring

Talk to your Pool Builder.

Your first post did not say the problems were isolated to the spa. What problems are where

All of the horizontal surfaces have areas of scant pebble exposure
Not just a few but about 50% of finish.
The PB suggests draining those areas and acid washing
How would one prevent " good areas" from being overexposed and becoming rough?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How would one prevent " good areas" from being overexposed and becoming rough?

Whoever is doing it needs to be very careful what areas they hit with acid.

Discuss it with your builder.

Then you need to decide if you trust them to do a better job on your fix then they originally did.

Those photos look within what I would consider a "normal" range to me as well. Pool finishes are rarely, if ever, perfect, and in most cases the only person who notices is the pool owner. A lot of builders do themselves a disservice by talking up the finish they are selling you and leaving you to assume it will be perfect or close to it. This happened to me, I was not happy with some marbling in my pebble fina finish, and I later found out that the applicator was super happy with it, and really proud of doing an excellent job. I had a very mistaken impression of what's normal for a new finish. So I learned to live with it, and came to realize no one noticed the flaws but me.

s unreasonable because the pool finish does not have huge areas of cream

ble because the pool finish does not have huge areas of cream obscu

Here are a fee pictures.
Plz advise
Thank you
I honestly can't see a large difference between these two pics. Maybe zoom out on a pic with the water still and see if its more visible? At the end of this it will all come down to what you builder/plasterer thinks the right next move is. I would be careful as others have mentioned about wanting them to etch it more to remove more cream. After two pebble pools I would like the idea of having a little bit more than too little (plaster cream that is).

I understand your point.
However, the spa finish looks nothing like the rest of the pool with respect to the finish.
I am not expecting perfection however I am not happy with half my spa with blue plaster mainly.
Will the pebbletec rep evaluate?
Thank you.

I understand your point.
However, the spa finish looks nothing like the rest of the pool with respect to the finish.
I am not expecting perfection however I am not happy with half my spa with blue plaster mainly.
Will the pebbletec rep evaluate?
Thank you.

I would think that could be an option to discuss with the builder if they don't have any solutions for you. But if it is overexposed sections in the spa that are really rough that is going to be a tough fix. Good luck and hopefully they have an answer that make things better. I have some spots in my spa that are pretty rough but to me it is a pebble surface and I knew what to expect. I am wondering sometimes what it would cost to just put tile all over the inside of my spa... that seems like the best option to me but I am done spending money on my pool for now... for the next 10 years really :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.