Adults, After the Newness Wears Off, How do you use your Pool?

When the kids are away, aside from the typical floating and drink-sipping, I like to shoot baskets. If you search amazon for "Dunnrite basketball," you'll see what I have. It's portable, which is nice. The goal and ball are smaller than regulation basketball, but I still like it. My pool shot is currently a lot better than my regular shot.

Yep, I've just walked right into the pool in gardening clothes on those hot TX days. I'd faint before I managed to get into a
bathing suit! Since I found TFP, my summer mornings are in the pool, iced coffee and test kit on the coping, in the shade checking my levels. So far I haven't taken a sip of the wrong stuff OR tested the java's TA or PH. Yet. ;-)

Yep, I've just walked right into the pool in gardening clothes on those hot TX days. I'd faint before I managed to get into a
bathing suit! Since I found TFP, my summer mornings are in the pool, iced coffee and test kit on the coping, in the shade checking my levels. So far I haven't taken a sip of the wrong stuff OR tested the java's TA or PH. Yet. ;-)

Just so you get your numbers right, you're going to want to keep your coffee's ph around 5. If its goes below 4.4 you're going to want to add some milk to bring it up. Just be careful because milk increases your coffee's CH, so you will want to limit how much you use especially if you live where you live. Don't worry so much if your coffee's TA is too low, it will naturally go up over time as you add calcium.

We had our pool installed in early 2004. Just two adults, no kids. During the swim season, weather permitting, we still use it most every day! :D

Just so you get your numbers right, you're going to want to keep your coffee's ph around 5. If its goes below 4.4 you're going to want to add some milk to bring it up. Just be careful because milk increases your coffee's CH, so you will want to limit how much you use especially if you live where you live. Don't worry so much if your coffee's TA is too low, it will naturally go up over time as you add calcium.

Too funny!! :D

Thanks Spin! More of the excellent scientific insight I crave here at TFP. Going off to ponder the chemistry
of my morning coffee....concerned, now, about high acid content and possible ramifications. Heeeee!

Thanks Spin! More of the excellent scientific insight I crave here at TFP. Going off to ponder the chemistry
of my morning coffee....concerned, now, about high acid content and possible ramifications. Heeeee!

You didn't include the type of cup you use in your signature, but I should have mentioned that you only need to worry about CH if it's ceramic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You know, while I was out back brushing and vacuuming, I was thinking about this.

One thing we do is have a pool party. But not just any pool party.

My wife belongs to a women's group affiliated with the church. She organized a women-only no-cameras-allowed potluck and pool party. The potluck was pretty much finger food. I did my part. I hosed off all the patio furniture and really gave the pool a going over for about three days prior. The morning of I fired up the heater so it would be swimmable right away. And then I left for the day with my brother-in-law and we found man stuff to do.

You know, while I was out back brushing and vacuuming, I was thinking about this.

My wife belongs to a women's group affiliated with the church. She organized a women-only no-cameras-allowed potluck and pool party. The potluck was pretty much finger food. I did my part. I hosed off all the patio furniture and really gave the pool a going over for about three days prior. The morning of I fired up the heater so it would be swimmable right away. And then I left for the day with my brother-in-law and we found man stuff to do.

That's a good man right there!!

Good man

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.