Adding SWG

SBall

Jun 27, 2017
Nashville, TN
I built our pool last year, and went with the Pentair Easy Touch 4, non-salt version. I have since decided to add SWG, Intellichlor IC40, and trying to decide which option.

1. Buy IC40 cell and power center
2. Buy Easy Touch 4, salt version, and then sell the one I have now
3. Buy new components for my Easy Touch 4 to add the SWG brains and transformer

I far prefer fewer "control centers"...which pushes me towards the second two options, but the first is by far the simplest. I really like the third option, just not sure exactly which item(s) I need. I would assume a new main controller for the Easy Touch and then the SWG transformer?

S,

It is harder to upgrade the non-salt ET4 than you think.. You would need the SWCG transformer, the cell circuit breaker, the cell power supply (Surge) board, the SWCG cable that goes between the cell power supply board, and the bottom of the chassis..

Another option would be to buy the cell and external power supply and then take out all of the components from the External box and relocate them inside the original ET enclosure. Nothing would just 'fit', so you would have to come up with some way to mount it all. I suspect you would also have to build a couple of new cables...

You could just buy the new IntelliCenter with salt cell and the sell your original ET4... Then you would have the best of both worlds... :)

Of course the easiest and cheapest thing to do is just use the external power supply..

Thanks,

Jim R.

S,

You owe it to yourself to look at the new IntelliCenter.. Check out the threads here on TFP... almost the same cost and many more options...

But... as always, your pool and your rules... :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

S,

The original systems are named the EasyTouch and the IntelliTouch... The EasyTouch is for most pools, and the IntelliTouch for larger more complex pools.. The EasyTouch is pretty much "What you see is what you get", while the IntelliTouch has plenty of expansion add-ons..

The latest system is the IntelliCenter... It is similar to the IntelliTouch as it has plenty of add on options..

The older systems are on a billion pools and work just fine and are available on line... the new IntelliCenter is not on line and you will have to call PolyTec Pools and talk with them.

Read this ... Pentair IntelliCenter Review - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly if you have not already done so..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.