Adding supports to the “cove”

MamaMarie

May 29, 2019
Arkansas
I have an Intex 20 foot. I saw online about adding foam or sand to the “cove” area between the pool wall and the liner. My pool just has the supports and a liner and no walls. But there is still a “cove” area that would be created just on the exterior of the pool. I figured it would be good to give support there but I don’t know how. The pool is not up yet. Thanks for any help. I’d also appreciate some links on setting up the pool as far as sand gravel etc.

You'd usually do the cove in a walled pool, not an intex; they don't need one. Have you checked youtube for videos? There are tons on intex pool set ups. Basically though, you need to level the area first. I used a tiller and shovel to do the job. After it's level, you put in your pavers for the legs to sit on. Then you'd add your sand. (Some people use foam instead of sand. I used foam last year, sand this year. The sand is a whole lot cheaper, but the foam felt better to me) I put a tarp over the sand and then the pool on the tarp. Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.