Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
My pool has an attached spa with an air vent that terminates at the pad. Bubbles are only generated by the pump when running at medium to high speeds.

What would happen if I attached a spa blower to the air vent at the pad?

Would I be able to generate bubbles without having to run the pump at higher speeds?

Do spa blowers allow air to flow through when off?

Any negative side effects?

I've got photos if they'll help.

Mike, I have a separate pump for my spa jets and blower for air. I can run one or the other or both.

My pool has an attached spa with an air vent that terminates at the pad. Bubbles are only generated by the pump when running at medium to high speeds.

What would happen if I attached a spa blower to the air vent at the pad?

I think you will get lots of agitation in your spa.

Would I be able to generate bubbles without having to run the pump at higher speeds?

If it works like in my spa you will be able to get bubbles out the jets with no water flow.

Do spa blowers allow air to flow through when off?

No.

Any negative side effects?

Your out some $s if it does not work at all.

I've got photos if they'll help.

What we need is x-ray vision to confirm how your air line is plumbed.

How well it works depends if your air line is plumbed with a separate air line to a manifold by each jet and a Hartford Loop. I think the only way you will find out is giving it a try.

Allen,

If the blower doesn't allow air flow, how does air get to the system when the blower is off and pump is on? I could plumb in a Tee for air.

It looks like my spa is plumbed with the venturi tees shown above.
What we need is x-ray vision to confirm how your air line is plumbed.
How's this for x-ray vision?
Spa Returns.jpg
Spa 2.jpg

The air plumbing looks the same as what I see for blowers.

When the pump is on and air is off you get no bubbles, just water jets.

When blower is on and water is off you get a churn of water at the jets.

When pump is on and blower is on you get water jets with water churn.

The question is what HP blower should you try. Too large a blower can blow water out of the spa. I would go for a 1HP or 1.5 HP blower.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
I say churn the water because the blower will give you much more then bubbles.
Churn=Bubbles+. That's good.
See if you can work through the HP worksheet from Jandy...
I was smart enough to find it earlier; not smart enough to figure it out. I'll give another try.

So it sound like to get bubbles when only the jets are on, I'll have to install a tee to allow air into the vent...maybe a tee with an air-tight screw-on cap.

Thanks for the help Allen!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.