Adding Screenlogic2

I have an Intellitouch i9+3 control system which was installed with a MobileTouch wireless remote (p/n 520906) 3 years ago.

It all works fine, but I would like the functionality of turning on the spa before I get home.

From my research, it sounds like I need to install the screenlogic2 interface in order to accomplish this remotely. There is no way to hardwire the unit, so it sounds as if I need the wireless adapter as well. Apparently they are a matched set, so if I want both the remote to still work and the screenlogic2 ability I need a second wireless receiver connected, correct?

So now to my question. I have 2 com ports in the i9+3 panel but they are both already in use. One is by the remote and the other by the Intellichlor controller.

So what are my options? Can I connect the new screenlogic2 wireless receiver to the same com port as the existing remote? If not, what are the other options?

Thanks in advance! This forum is full of fantastic information and advice, but I can’t seem to find any reference to a previous situation like this. If I missed it, please just point me to it!

New,

Your system only has one com port.. It may have more than one connector, but they are both the same com port.

You can have more than one item connected to the same connector. It does not matter which one you double up on...

ScreenLogic will have its own wireless transceivers.. You will also need to continue to use the wireless transceiver for your current remotes..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.