Adding pipe to bubbler to make cooler sprayer

nebtex

Aug 4, 2016
Midlothian TX
Has anyone added a piece of PVC to the bubbler and then a fountain top to make a cooler? Instead of attaching to the return lines. Mine are flush mount and I'm a little uneasy about removing them. I can't remember but along the way of building our pool someone recommended using the bubbler as a cooler by adding a piece of PVC to raise the height and then spraying the water. I was thinking adding a fountain top to the PVC that would create a fountain look.

1594656910408.png

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I did just that this weekend. Went to Home Depot and bought this. This is not the exact picture, I could not find it, but you get the idea. It is 1 1/2 threaded with either 1/2 or 3/4 inch in the middle. Update me, can't wait to see how your sprayer worked.

For evaporation to work well, the spray needs to be up in the air for as long as possible. My cooler pushed the water 25-30 feet up. I really would think 4-5 feet as you indicate in the pic is not enough height.

That's the next step, getting some height, now that proof of concept works. I'm a little worried with my crew hitting it and breaking the piece that goes into the wall. The other side of pool as a 1.5ft tall wall so I'm going to move it there and get some elevation and still have it protected from the stray basketball/volleyball/kid.

I did have a few other pieces laying around so I made a sprinkler attachment to my bubbler. This may stay or I may make another taller pipe like the other.

The water was down to 85 this morning after being 92 yesterday unfortunately my wireless adapter is out so i can't see the temp history to compare other days.

bubbler_sprinkler.jpg

Pretty creative use of a sprinkler head! I went through similar gyrations trying to get my pool cooled off. Granted, I never had the spray higher than 3 ft or so with PVC contraptions, but I couldn’t achieve any significant cooling. Plus, the spray blowing in the wind was killing landscaping and causing some pitting in my coping. I finally bit the bullet and installed a chiller. I can keep water temp in the low 80s all summer long now and we enjoy the pool so much more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.