Apr 9, 2020
San Diego, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello TFP Family,

I have landscaping lights that require a regular outlet for them to be plugged in to.

Is it possible to add an outlet to a circuit on the Easytouch system that way I can control my lights thru the app?

I added a photo of the current wiring.

Any advice would be wonderful.

Attachments

• 02A8F904-2B24-480A-99AF-A05CB395E5A0.jpeg
    02A8F904-2B24-480A-99AF-A05CB395E5A0.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 128
M,

I'm more familiar with Pentair's Intellicenter panel but I believe there's a provision to add an outlet directly to the panel and you can easily switch any 120 or 240 v circuit so long as you have a spare relay. I'll also ask others that are true experts with your system to reply. @Jimrahbe @ajw22 ?

Chris

Reactions: MiggyV
M,

I see you already have the standard outlet mounted to the right side of the EasyTouch.. But you can another remote one that is turned on and off by one of your Aux relays.

What I would do is add a GFCI breaker and then run 120 volts from the breaker to the Line side of an empty Aux relay. Then wire the load side of the relay to the hot input of the remote outlet.
The neutral from the remote outlet is wired back to the neutral connection on the GFCI breaker.. The "pig tail" from GFCI breaker is then connected to the Neutral bus bar inside the EasyTouch.

The ground from the remote outlet is connected to the ground bus inside the EasyTouch.

Obviously, the wires from the EasyTouch to the outlet need to be in a conduit, or electrical flex tubing.

You can then turn on the remote outlet by pressing the Aux button, or Icon, if you have ScreenLogic.. Or you can simply set up a schedule.

Thanks,

Jim R.

M,

I see you already have the standard outlet mounted to the right side of the EasyTouch.. But you can another remote one that is turned on and off by one of your Aux relays.

What I would do is add a GFCI breaker and then run 120 volts from the breaker to the Line side of an empty Aux relay. Then wire the load side of the relay to the hot input of the remote outlet.
The neutral from the remote outlet is wired back to the neutral connection on the GFCI breaker.. The "pig tail" from GFCI breaker is then connected to the Neutral bus bar inside the EasyTouch.

The ground from the remote outlet is connected to the ground bus inside the EasyTouch.

Obviously, the wires from the EasyTouch to the outlet need to be in a conduit, or electrical flex tubing.

You can then turn on the remote outlet by pressing the Aux button, or Icon, if you have ScreenLogic.. Or you can simply set up a schedule.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the help. I will give this a try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.