Adding CYA Process to Quick Set Pool

Beachbum5965

Jun 17, 2019
Wichita Falls, Texas
We just put up our pool for our granddaughters and it's a small 15x36 quick set and the CYA pods we bought said only add thru skimmer which we do not have.
I put the two pods in a sock but they wouldn't dissolve so had to use my hands to work them in the sock so they finally dissolved.
Is there an easier application for this size pool?

Use dichlor to chlorinate for a few days. Use about 32 ounces (2 lbs) if dichlor shock. Use a quarter of a pound (4 oz) each day for 8 days. Will give you 6 ppm chlorine and 6ppm CYA each day. At the end of 8 days, your CYA will be around 50. Then switch to liquid chlorine. Be sure to watch your pH during this time.

Welcome to TFP!

You don't want to use the pods in a sock, the sock is to hold the CYA while it slowly dissolves, while the pods need water flowing over them in a skimmer for them to dissolve and release the CYA.

Ok got last problem solved then went on a 2 day trip and came home and due to TX hot temps and wind our pool was green and dirty. Have shocked it silly but nothing working. We upgraded to Intex 1000 cartridge filter pump for this Summer Waves 2640 gallon pool. I am wondering if there is a way to upgrade to even bigger pump so I can use more powerful vacuum to keep clean? Water is testing good and I think most of color now is coming from settlement on bottom of pool that my small vacuum won't suck out. This pool had the small connections so can't figure out how to use a larger pump that has the bigger hoses. Any help would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.