pH: 7.5
FC: 5.0
CC: 0.5
TC: 5.5
TA: 60
CYA: 35
CH: 125
Salt: 3140

According to pool math, I need to add 23lbs of Calcium to get to 250ppm. In pool school it says “add to deep end”. Is there a limit to how much you should add at one time or should I just dump 23 lbs into the deep end all at once? While the pumps are on or off?

I would do it in several batches. Be sure to brush well the area you add it to. Pumps on.

Test Results:
pH: 7.5
FC: 5.0
CC: 0.5
TC: 5.5
TA: 60
CYA: 35
CH: 125
Salt: 3140

According to pool math, I need to add 23lbs of Calcium to get to 250ppm. In pool school it says “add to deep end”. Is there a limit to how much you should add at one time or should I just dump 23 lbs into the deep end all at once? While the pumps are on or off?
Welcome and great question (and thanks for posting the test results)
  • Suggestions
    • CYA is logarithmic, always round up to higher whole 10 = CYA/40
  • Any substantial chemical additions/changes should be broken down into stages
    • I would add the calcium in 2-3 separated doses so as not to overshoot
      • You can always add, but too much calcium = draining
  • "Calcium products should be spread across the surface of the deep end of the pool." The calcium should dissolve as long as it's not overly saturated
    • I think you can dissolve small amounts in 5gal bucket?

Reactions: Texas Tony
I did the 5lb at a time method in a bucket and stirred good with a piece of aluminum extrusion before pouring it in. It was fully dissolved when I poured it each time so I just did it back to back until I hit 23lbs. Thanks you guys, so basically just wait a few days and I should be able to get an accurate level check?

Reactions: Lagerman64
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.