adding calcium to vinyl pool

barryjmizell

Jun 9, 2019
Poplarville, MS
It is best to add calcium chloride in small batches so you can be sure you get it fully dissolved when you broadcast it in the deep end. Brush well.
Hello there. After purchasing Calcium Chloride to adjust my CH level per the Pool Math app, I have read on here where it is not absolutely necessary to monitor ones CH level in a vinyl lined pool like mine. What are your thoughts on this? Just thought I would do a little research on here before dumping the 13lbs of product to bring my CH from 125 to 175.

Hello there. After purchasing Calcium Chloride to adjust my CH level per the Pool Math app, I have read on here where it is not absolutely necessary to monitor ones CH level in a vinyl lined pool like mine. What are your thoughts on this? Just thought I would do a little research on here before dumping the 13lbs of product to bring my CH from 125 to 175.
You mis-read that. You should still monitor your CH, in case it goes high on you. You might need to shift pH or TA or replace some water to prevent scaling.

No. But the manufacturers still follow the old boiler standard.

If you want to strictly follow their standards, add calcium. Won’t hurt anything.

Reactions: inatae
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.