Adding a "to waste/drain" to plumbing SOLVED

I agree with bobo that the drain is likely prefilter, but even so, some flow will likely go through the filter and back to the pool. With that said, I don't think that defeats the purpose or even warrants putting a valve on the filter outlet since most of the "waste" will still go out the drain.

Re: Adding a "to waste/drain" to plumbing

If you check the drain plug on the bottom if the stock number is 86202000 Drain Cap Assy. Then it's the standard 1.5 inch PVC plumbing thread stuff. I used an threaded 1.5 inch to PVC then a section of pvc an 1.5 inch ball valve and then out to the driveway to drain.

The drain cap assy is like $10 and a 1.5 inch threaded cap is only $.89 and does the same thing, go figure.

I do as boboaclown :salut:

I do not run the pump while draining...I drain the over flow rain from pool with the skimmer and return open to drain

Then close the drain valve... then open the bleed at the filter top until the filter is full and water runs from the bleeder...then close the bleed and I am ready to run the pump and filter....BTW, I have a ten foot clasping hose with a clamp (the same hose as sand filter users use).... I run the hose to the drive way

I have the Pentair Clean & Clear Filter System cartridge 75 Sq Ft...it works well in Florida with all the rain

I know right!!!! This is California, what is this "rain" liquid people speak of? In the RARE event we get a rain that would overflow my pool my builder piped in a drain hole in my tile line. Not the most attractive thing but nice to have. Drains to a landscape drain on the other side of the pool shell. These drains are tied into the deck drains and all drain to the street. And since I have an auto fill it won't be used for forgetting to leave the pool fill water on. Did that a few times on my parents pool when I was a kid. Boy was that a mess.... In the event I need to drain the pool, I hook up a waste line to my sewer clean out access in my backyard that way I won't draw attention to a pool draining to the street which is now sacrilege and possibly good for some jail time out here no doubt.
P1030411.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.