Added Flocculant, Should I Vac or Can I Sweep First

Use of floc is not supported by TFP. Instant gratification for long term pain.

Good luck.

Thanks, all.

I don't mind vaccing the whole thing, but wanted to avoid the water waste and was concerned about the snow globe effect. I appreciate the insights.

Special thanks to @nknauss for the most unhelpful and, sadly, archetypal "old timer to newbie" response. Appreciate that, brah. Glad you've found a place where you're tolerated. Apologies in advance if I squeeze a question by you once in a while.

Thanks, all.

I don't mind vaccing the whole thing, but wanted to avoid the water waste and was concerned about the snow globe effect. I appreciate the insights.

Special thanks to @nknauss for the most unhelpful and, sadly, archetypal "old timer to newbie" response. Appreciate that, brah. Glad you've found a place where you're tolerated. Apologies in advance if I squeeze a question by you once in a while.
I'm not quite sure what you expected. As a member here for 3 or so years I would have thouth you would have seen or at least researched floc before you used it.

Thanks, all.

If you wouldn't mind putting your equipment in your signature it would help a bit. What kind of filter do you have? Once you use a floc it tends to gum up the filter with the precipatate.. the snow from the globe. After you have run for a bit I would backflush, clean out, spray off or whatever for you type of filter you have. Its likely to be gummed up a bit and that will reduce your filter's effectiveness. That's why using flocs are not particularly looked upon kindly in the forum's collective mindset.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.