Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Use of floc is not supported by TFP. Instant gratification for long term pain.

Good luck.

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
It's worth a try. The less time you spend vacuuming to waste, the less water you'll lose.

If you vacuum it to filter, you'll clog up the filter.

Floc makes a mess, which is why we discourage it.

tim5055

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
Generally when you try to sweep it just goes everywhere, kind of like those old Christmas globes with the white snow.

stretchphoto

Jun 14, 2018
Champaign, IL
Thanks, all.

I don't mind vaccing the whole thing, but wanted to avoid the water waste and was concerned about the snow globe effect. I appreciate the insights.

Special thanks to @nknauss for the most unhelpful and, sadly, archetypal "old timer to newbie" response. Appreciate that, brah. Glad you've found a place where you're tolerated. Apologies in advance if I squeeze a question by you once in a while.

tim5055

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
Thanks, all.

I don't mind vaccing the whole thing, but wanted to avoid the water waste and was concerned about the snow globe effect. I appreciate the insights.

Special thanks to @nknauss for the most unhelpful and, sadly, archetypal "old timer to newbie" response. Appreciate that, brah. Glad you've found a place where you're tolerated. Apologies in advance if I squeeze a question by you once in a while.
I'm not quite sure what you expected. As a member here for 3 or so years I would have thouth you would have seen or at least researched floc before you used it.

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
Thanks, all.

If you wouldn't mind putting your equipment in your signature it would help a bit. What kind of filter do you have? Once you use a floc it tends to gum up the filter with the precipatate.. the snow from the globe. After you have run for a bit I would backflush, clean out, spray off or whatever for you type of filter you have. Its likely to be gummed up a bit and that will reduce your filter's effectiveness. That's why using flocs are not particularly looked upon kindly in the forum's collective mindset.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
mknauss is a true expert. Sorry he is not all wiggly, squishy and kind.....he is direct and accurate.

Like Tim5055, I think he was a little taken aback that you have been here for almost two years and have not picked up on TFP's aversion to flocculant

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.