Active 30 Issue

BBeauregard

We have a brand new Active 30 and a 35K inground pool. Crappy cover, should have replaced it, let in lots of leaves & silt. We've been vacuuming & scooping every day for a week. There's still some dark spots but can't see the bottom. The bot is coming up all but empty every darn time, cycling it 2x/day. It's picking up a few leaves here & there, but I feel like the basket should be full. We've tried both the coarse & the fine filter, no difference. When we pull it up, there's a trail of leaves in the pool behind it but nothing in the basket. I've cleaned the impeller after every cycle, I've checked the rotors... it's like the thing just doesn't work. Never mind that it seems to only want to stay in the deep end, but that seems to be a common problem. Any ideas, or should I just return the Dang thing?

Check the flap that covers the entrance to the filter basket. It sounds like it is not staying sealed when you remove the robot. If it is torn or otherwise damaged that is an issue. It can be replaced. Contact the store you bought the robot from for your issues.

Reactions: markayash
Check the flap that covers the entrance to the filter basket. It sounds like it is not staying sealed when you remove the robot. If it is torn or otherwise damaged that is an issue. It can be replaced. Contact the store you bought the robot from for your issues.
I also found a stick was lodged inside the flap once and wasn't letting anything in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.