Acid start-up instructions from replasterer seem off?

thumy

Jun 12, 2020
Houston, TX
Hi y'all, I just had my pool replastered (the pool is filling as we speak) with a Colorscapes product.

The replasterer's instructions for acid start-up say to use 10 gallons of acid, which seems really excessive to me because I estimated my pool to be about 13,000 gallons (it's an irregular shape so this is just a loose estimate using online calculators but it seems accurate-ish when compared to other pools of known size) and most instructions I've seen say to use 3-4 gallons of acid per 10,000 gallons of pool water.

I'm already leery of an acid startup after what I've read on TFP, and I'm concerned that using too much acid is going to compromise my new plaster job. This company has been replastering for over 20 years and I feel silly second-guessing them, but I don't want to mess up my investment either.

Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.