Accucheck vs tf100 test kit

cteal

Bronze Supporter
Jun 25, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Hi there. My friend has a Tf 100 test kit and is showing a fc level of 4 and cc of 10. She has used a lot if shock lately. Anyway. The pool guys accucheck strips do not detect chlorine but the tf100 does. I tested my water with the accucheck strips vs tf100 and results were pretty much the same. So she is unsure which testing method to believe.

We wouldn't recommend (and require for advice) the TF-100/k-2006 if it wasn't more accurate and trustworthy than test strips. Unfortunately the speed and cheapness of a test strip blinds most pool professionals to their shortcomings, but such is the way of this industry.

Sounds like a pretty significant chemistry problem. Has she or her pool guy put any non-chlorine shock in? That would cause false CC readings.

We wouldn't recommend (and require for advice) the TF-100/k-2006 if it wasn't more accurate and trustworthy than test strips. Unfortunately the speed and cheapness of a test strip blinds most pool professionals to their shortcomings, but such is the way of this industry.

Sounds like a pretty significant chemistry problem. Has she or her pool guy put any non-chlorine shock in? That would cause false CC readings.
I'm really not sure about the type of shock they are using but seems like the would have to be.

That is Cal Hypo. It will not raise CC like JD was asking.

With high CC the pool may have ammonia. But a person with a real test kit needs to be at the pool to determine that and eliminate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.