Acceptable Pump Pressure

Henry121083

Silver Supporter
Aug 10, 2018
Newtown
Hi All,

I have a bit of an antiqued system (working on an upgrade) - .75 hp jandy one speed pump and a STINGL box.

My pool is a 25k gallon plaster pool with raised spa.

My question is, the pump keeps cutting off from low pressure (thanks to the stingl box cutting it off)

it has trouble priming and the pressure on the stingl box reads anywhere from 1.4 hg to 3.0hg (mostly stays under 2.0 though)

The pump is on the way out - but my question is - what is an acceptable number from pressure that I should be seeing?

thanks in advance
henry

Henry,

The first thing I would do is rip that SVRS STINGL box out and dump it in the trash... When was it installed and why? A simple raised drain cover and you are done.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ha, I know it's in the works. I have a variable speed intelliflo and safety valve (Dang those things are expensive) are on the way.

The box was installed with the system before we bought the house - not sure why I'm guessing it was (at one point) top of the line

Henry,

What safety valve???? Please tell me that the IntelliFlo that you bought is NOT one that has the SVRS option... You do NOT want that one..

You should not need any special valve.. All you need is a raised main drain cover..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.