Above ground pool leveling question

nobueno

Silver Supporter
Sep 25, 2019
Erie, CO
So we had a tractor come in and dig a deep end and roughly level the site. I've started fine tuning the leveling by hand checking with a laser level but there was a spot where the tractor went about 1.5" too deep for about 5' of the perimeter. Do I need to bring the entire rest of the pool down 1.5" or can I fill in that spot? In the instruction videos they seem to want it within an inch of level on virgin soil with no backfill. I figured since it's only 1.5" out of level in that spot, even if it settles 40%, I'd still be within their specs. We're supporting all the end posts with pavers and the side posts in cinder blocks covered with concrete.

The standard answer is you should dig down to level.

If you want to do a science experiment with one side being 1.5" low then go for it and be prepared to drain it, disassemble, and relevel the area, if it gets off too much to be safe.

I doubt filling and compacting will stand up against the weight of the water. That end will drop over time.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.