Above ground pool filled

elier99

Sep 18, 2019
Puerto Rico
Hi all. Finally today we started filling the new pool. Dry stabilizer was added during the filling up process. 8.25% Liquid bleach was added and the water manually stirred since the skimmer and pump is not installed yet.

Below the water current levels:

FC: 4.0
pH: 7.5
TA: 170
CH: 175
CYA: 30

Tomorrow the skimmer, pump and filter are being installed. Will measure again tomorrow after the pool is completely filled. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
None whatsoever! You're on the right track for sure!!
Make sure you brush the pool to keep it well circulated until the pump is doing that job.
Good job getting the TF-100.... have you played with PoolMath yet?

Maddie :flower:

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Having second thoughts... did you put your CYA in a sock hanging over the edge or did you toss it into the water directly? If so brush! Brush! BRUSH! to get it dissolving. I wouldn't want the acidic CYA to put little bleach type marks on your new liner.

While your TA is apparently high, it can be dealt with once we see what your pH does with it.

Maddie :flower:

elier99

Sep 18, 2019
Puerto Rico
Now the pool is completely filled and the pump is running.

Below the latest readings:

FC: 1.0
pH: 7.5
CYA: 20

8 oz of CYA added and then 20oz of 8.25% bleach added to raise FC to 4ppm as recommended by PoolMath.

Everything looking good so far.

elier99

Sep 18, 2019
Puerto Rico
I haven’t measure the water temp but the weather was about 80° F. I waited about an hour after putting the CYA to dilute the bleach. Is this enough time?

elier99

Sep 18, 2019
Puerto Rico
pH just hit 7.8 today. At what level should I put Muriatic Acid?

Also, FC is at 1.5 FC in the evening, should I raise the FC target from 4.0? Recommended level with my CYA of 30 is from 2 to 6 FC.

elier99

Sep 18, 2019
Puerto Rico
Targeting 6.0 worked, today FC level was at 2.0 even after a heavy rain.

Water level is now on the high side. I never imagined the water level would increase so much with rain water.