Above ground pool filled

elier99

Bronze Supporter
Sep 18, 2019
Puerto Rico
Hi all. Finally today we started filling the new pool. Dry stabilizer was added during the filling up process. 8.25% Liquid bleach was added and the water manually stirred since the skimmer and pump is not installed yet.

Below the water current levels:

FC: 4.0
pH: 7.5
TA: 170
CH: 175
CYA: 30

Tomorrow the skimmer, pump and filter are being installed. Will measure again tomorrow after the pool is completely filled. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

None whatsoever! You're on the right track for sure!!
Make sure you brush the pool to keep it well circulated until the pump is doing that job.
Good job getting the TF-100.... have you played with PoolMath yet?

Maddie :flower:

Having second thoughts... did you put your CYA in a sock hanging over the edge or did you toss it into the water directly? If so brush! Brush! BRUSH! to get it dissolving. I wouldn't want the acidic CYA to put little bleach type marks on your new liner.

While your TA is apparently high, it can be dealt with once we see what your pH does with it.

Maddie :flower:

Now the pool is completely filled and the pump is running.

Below the latest readings:

FC: 1.0
pH: 7.5
CYA: 20

8 oz of CYA added and then 20oz of 8.25% bleach added to raise FC to 4ppm as recommended by PoolMath.

Everything looking good so far.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The FC/CYA Levels chart shows 2 as the minimum FC level and 4-6 as the recommended level. That ensures your FC does not fall below the minimum.

Many folks stay at the high end of the recommendations.

I increased the CYA to 40 from 30 trying to reduce the amount of FC loss during the day. FC level was increased to 7.0 yesterday evening but was at 2.5 this evening. Is it normal to loose 4.5 FC in a sunny day? Could I be doing something wrong? Pool water is crystal clear and CC is 0.5.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.