About to Start Digging - Bond Beam Question

dfisher25

Jan 12, 2021
Roanoke, VA
Hello everyone. Thank you for this great source of information. I'm about to start digging my 14' x 30' rectangle fiberglass pool and I have a question about the bond beam. Is the an upside to pouring the bond beam (~2.5 wide) and stamping prior to pouring the rest of the concrete deck? In my mind this would be 1) easier for the concrete contractor and 2) it would limit the expansion / contraction forces on the coping. This seems very important on one side of my pool as that will have a 13-foot wide deck.

I see a-lot of pools that have stamped coping that is different than the rest of the pool deck but I cant tell if these are separate pours or just different stamps. Any advise or wisdom? Thank you!

My pool hasn’t started yet, and I bring no credibility to my answer other than what I know is happening to my pool and that is that my cement coping around the edge of my pool is a separate pour than the rest of the cement. I am also getting a different colour and stamp on the coping than the rest of the cement patio so not sure if that is why or if there is another reason.
Ed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.