About to sign contract with builder

dahtpoe

Apr 20, 2021
Kerrville, TX
We are about to sign a contract with a fiberglass builder. Our last pool we had a saltwater system with a moss rock waterfall. This builder says we need to use RICO ROCK for the waterfall and stone. He says if we use natural rock it will flake off into the pool as the salt water will damage the rocks. We did not see this with our last pool but we were only there 3 years before moving. The rico rock coping is fine, but the waterfalls are not natural looking whatsoever. I need some advice, we want salt water but want natural looking rock. I am thinking of having the builder plumb for the waterfall and we will have a mason install later - natural stone.

Welcome to TFP.

I think the issue is with the quality of rock your builder may be able to get or the fact that he is not confident of the quality he can get.

Let's see if @Rich D is around. He did a bunch of natural rock by his pool.

D,

Your pool builder is just full of Bull Feathers

I am pretty sure the Atlantic and Pacific oceans would have met by now if seawater ate rock... The ocean has a salt level of 35,000 ppm, while a saltwater pool only has about 3,500 of salt.

I'd rather not have a waterfall at all if it does not look natural. There is a fine line between a great looking waterfall and a pile of rocks at the end of your pool..

Waterfall or not, don't let him talk you out of a saltwater pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.