About to change to salt, current water conditions

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
Hoping to change to SWG this weekend. Trying to get the water to an optimum conversion point, this is what I have so far (note, I havent tested CYA because I ran out of reagent....I know its important, just assume [I know, I know] that it will be at 70 or so before I start changing over)

FC - 13 (currently shocking, and after the CYA Ive added I *should* be somewhere around 60 or so so the FC isnt as high as it would seem)
CC - 0
pH - 7.8
TA - 80
CH - 90

All tests were done with the TF kit.

The only thing Im questioning is the pH...should I lower it before starting the conversion process? I know running the SWG will raise the pH, but Im not sure what dumping all the salt will do to it (if anything)

Also, I wanted to get borates into the water.....is there any advantage to doing it before, after, or during the SWG change over? My mind is telling me to wait since I dont want all those things changing at once.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.