Centerville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey y'all! I haven't been here in quite a few years, I was a member years ago during my first pool build. My pool was fantastic and ended selling my house before it even went on the market :) We moved and I am ready to build again - but want to see what the latest and greatest in pools are doing.
This build will be different for us - we sit on top of a hill now, and I really don't know financially what that is going to do to my budget - but it is what it is. I will attach a picture of my last pool - we had waterfalls and it was spectacular. I am thinking maybe something rectangular this time - running parallel to the house. Hot tub, tanning ledge and wide steps to take up an entire side of the pool . . . but I need something on the other side for the sound of water - which is my favorite component of having a pool. Instead of the firepit, we are thinking a fire place on the porch. ALSO to complicate a little more, my dad just passed away and we anticipate my mom coming to live with us in a year or so - we would really like to plan the pool around a pool house being built too. I am going to try to get out and get some photos of my backyard so you guys can help me plan!

I sure hope some of the ol' timers are still around :)

Wendy
13041258_10153832726872284_5667733440209109810_o.jpg

Reactions: saralines
Now THATs how you make an entrance !!! Forget the proverbial ‘bang’. You came in with a (glorious btw) bellyflop. Bravo.

I’m the Newdude and lots of your old friends are still here doing their thing. Marty is bald now, but shhhh. I don’t think he knows. Anywho welcome back and thanks for bringing THIS to the table. :)

Now THATs how you make an entrance !!! Forget the proverbial ‘bang’. You came in with a (glorious btw) bellyflop. Bravo.

I’m the Newdude and lots of your old friends are still here doing their thing. Marty is bald now, but shhhh. I don’t think he knows. Anywho welcome back and thanks for bringing THIS to the table. :)
Hahahaha I am so excited to be building a pool again! Poor Marty! lol

Since you’ve last joined us, we’ve mostly converted to Baquacil for sanitization with supplementary UV systems, and now single speed pumps are all the rage to boot. They are all the next big things! And hairnets aren’t just for skimmer baskets anymore.

Welcome back!

I'll just say this... they cost a lot more than they did when you had your old one built! I'm a part time stripper now so I can fund mine. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.