Gold Supporter
Nov 24, 2021
Raleigh, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
We broke ground in February 2022 and construction was completed in August. Who knew that editing a 2 minute video would take almost as long!

I designed the pool myself using Pool Studio then created the construction plans for the Pool Builder.
Acting as my own GC, I sub-contracted out all the work.

Specs: Pool 18' x 40'
Depth profile:
Shallow end - 3.5' depth
Deep end - 7' depth
7 LED lights and 1 LED bubbler

Tanning Ledge
8' x 16'
2 LED lights and 2 LED bubblers

Spa
8' 6" x 7' 6"
Spillover into pool
8 jets and 1 LED light

Plaster:
WetEdge - Primera Stone
Color - Grigio Treasure

Coping: Silver Travertine
Pool and Spa deck: Brushed concrete
Patio and outdoor kitchen: Pavers

The links not working but I also have iffy cell coverage right now. I'll try again later.

:epds:

We broke ground in February 2022 and construction was completed in August. Who knew that editing a 2 minute video would take almost as long!

I designed the pool myself using Pool Studio then created the construction plans for the Pool Builder.
Acting as my own GC, I sub-contracted out all the work.

Specs: Pool 18' x 40'
Depth profile:
Shallow end - 3.5' depth
Deep end - 7' depth
7 LED lights and 1 LED bubbler

Tanning Ledge
8' x 16'
2 LED lights and 2 LED bubblers

Spa
8' 6" x 7' 6"
Spillover into pool
8 jets and 1 LED light

Plaster:
WetEdge - Primera Stone
Color - Grigio Treasure

Coping: Silver Travertine
Pool and Spa deck: Brushed concrete
Patio and outdoor kitchen: Pavers
How much that save you versus 🆚 going with an independent pool builder

How much that save you versus 🆚 going with an independent pool builder
It saved me 25%. The pool builder I used gives you both options but it's an additional 25% on all sub-contracted work for the "turn key build". I still used all their recommended sub-contractors since they're already familiar with working together. Basically I just had to call and schedule electrical, gas, decking and landscaping to come out when it was nearing their time. I was out there everyday checking the progress and making sure the build was following my design etc. Occasionally I'd catch something that was going to be done incorrectly (to the design, not technically) and they'd make the correction as they worked.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.