A sad day at our house-bye bye pool :(

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Woke up to a mess this morning. It took me a second or two to figure out what had happened as it was still dark out when I went out back.

where it let go.jpg

Note the post is no longer sitting on it's support. This is where it let go and all of the water went that a way.

rusted seam A.jpgrusted seam B.jpg

This is the seam in the wall that gave way.

rust on bottom of pool wall.jpg

OH MY GOODNES!!! Look at that rust! Now some back story on this pic. We replaced the liner last summer due to the old one being faded and such. There was some rust on the side of the wall. We spent quite a bit to time wire brushing and anti-rust painting the spots that needed it. If you look towards the top of the wall you can see where we did some of the work. This mess on the bottom was not there before :(

cast iron statue moved.jpg

Look at the top, right of this pic. That is a cast iron statue! This is what happens when 26,500 gallons of water runs free!

We are going to leave the liner down to help keep the sand base safe from rain and critters

Lesson to us all............when you take your old liner out/down and you see any rust do a full stop if possible and replace the wall at the same time so this does not happen to you. Not sure when we will be able to replace this pool. Going to have to look long and hard at the walls of the next one. The sad thing is we did take our time and did not buy the cheapest pool out there as we did not want this to happen.

I have a big sad for ME today!!!!

Oh no, thats terrible.

On a positive note, just think of all of the new pool bling you can get with the new one. In fact, if I were Mr. Kats, I would be checking your search history.

Oh it flowed towards the house :shock: but the deck and screened patio was between the flow and the house thankfully!

What was funny I heard something last night. I thought it was a big wind which was weird as the forecast had not said anything about a storm...........oh well.......roll back over and go back to sleep...........to find THIS!

Everyone and every thing is safe so it is all good. We are going to take our time finding the one we want to replace it with if at all. We had bought what we thought was a good one and this happened so........guess I need to learn what to look for better next time huh?

Major Bummer.

This rusted wall thing seems like a theme here lately. 2020....

I am sure you will build a more grandiose replacement... We get to see a build thread in reverse finally. We will critique yours! :) Fun Fun

HA! I had one of the best builders on here offer to design me an in ground pool. Hubby and I thought long and hard about it but decided to keep it an above ground pool as it suits the area and need. For an in ground pool we would have to do some MAJOR ground work and have limited space due to pond and septic yard.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First - glad everyone is OK.

Second - BUMMER!!!

Third - KIM GETS HER OWN THREAD IN THE CONSTRUCTION SUBFORUM!!!! 🥳🥳🥳

Final comment - SWG!

PS - I hear @bdavis466 is very bored these days and needs a new project to keep him busy and @jimmythegreek loves road trips to FL.

This just makes me so sad 4 u 😢
Hope you find a wonderful replacement that will last. I am very intrigued by the new resin walled ones. Can’t wait watch your build.

I wanna be the one to give her, her own set of links... ken-eye, ken-eye, ken-eye?
Will they be 'her own links' because you give them to her, or because they are hers that you copy/paste ? A little of both maybe ?? Anywho you called it fair and square. Rules are rules.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.